• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RE: Fresh Meat - Closed.
08-19-2020, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2020, 07:50 AM by Steel God.)
Opponent Wanted  RE: Fresh Meat - Closed.
Old (real old) war gamer, but new to Tiller ACW games.  I have never ever played an ACW via PBEM, and have only played a few battles against the AI to get acquainted with the system.  I have played both phased play and non-phased play and I think I prefer the phased play, but understand that adds length to the game (doesn't bother me).  I only own 4 titles (Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh and Franklin).  I just bought the 1st three, how I acquired a copy of Franklin I don't quite recall, but I had a copy from the HPS days and JTS has upgraded if for me, but can't say as the subject interests me all that much.

That said, would anyone, hopefully someone who enjoys talking about the game/battle as it plays out, care to give me a game.  You'll end up with a win most likely, but I'd prefer a tutor more than an opponent, so hopefully you'll keep that in mind.  I would prefer to play as the Southerner, but that's not a deal breaker. 

Thanks for your time.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2020, 11:12 AM,
RE: Fresh Meat
(08-19-2020, 05:29 AM)Steel God Wrote: Old (real old) war gamer, but new to Tiller ACW games.  I have never ever played an ACW via PBEM, and have only played a few battles against the AI to get acquainted with the system.  I have played both phased play and non-phased play and I think I prefer the phased play, but understand that adds length to the game (doesn't bother me).  I only own 4 titles (Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh and Franklin).  I just bought the 1st three, how I acquired a copy of Franklin I don't quite recall, but I had a copy from the HPS days and JTS has upgraded if for me, but can't say as the subject interests me all that much.

That said, would anyone, hopefully someone who enjoys talking about the game/battle as it plays out, care to give me a game.  You'll end up with a win most likely, but I'd prefer a tutor more than an opponent, so hopefully you'll keep that in mind.  I would prefer to play as the Southerner, but that's not a deal breaker. 

Thanks for your time.

Willing to play, and have a good time discussing. I own all of the ACW titles except for Ozark, and all are fully updated. I don't mind playing the Yankees.

I sent you a PM with more details, and my take on phased play.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
08-19-2020, 11:17 PM,
RE: Fresh Meat - Closed.
(08-19-2020, 11:12 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 05:29 AM)Steel God Wrote: Old (real old) war gamer, but new to Tiller ACW games.  I have never ever played an ACW via PBEM, and have only played a few battles against the AI to get acquainted with the system.  I have played both phased play and non-phased play and I think I prefer the phased play, but understand that adds length to the game (doesn't bother me).  I only own 4 titles (Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh and Franklin).  I just bought the 1st three, how I acquired a copy of Franklin I don't quite recall, but I had a copy from the HPS days and JTS has upgraded if for me, but can't say as the subject interests me all that much.

Thanks for your time.

Willing to play, and have a good time discussing. I own all of the ACW titles except for Ozark, and all are fully updated. I don't mind playing the Yankees.

I sent you a PM with more details, and my take on phased play.

I've got what I need, thanks for the replies.