• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
08-13-2021, 11:56 PM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(08-13-2021, 11:34 AM)Elxaime Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:42 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:25 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Greetings Indragnir!  Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue."  We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations.  Any update?

Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I hope Bolt v.10 gets released publicly soon. For the map alone it's worth having IMHO.

I can't/won't go into more detail, since I'm not sure whether Aaron would like that or not, and as I say, it's been awhile since I've had any contact anyway.

Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.

I agree, besides needing just a few new pieces of unit art, it's ready. I substituted a few of my own as place holders in my test copy so I wouldn't have to look at blanks.

I especially liked the helicopter innovation that makes it a better game. Then there's the reworked map, which I would like to see used for all of the stock scenarios in the future.

For my part, I'm thinking of adapting the new map to the 1973 and 1976 OOBs I've been working on over the years. I guess that will have to be for private use, at least till 10.0 gets put out there. It's Aaron's baby, and his call.

I really hope Aaron is OK, and comes back soon, releasing the new scenario to the public, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi all -  It had been awhile, so I thought I would touch base again on this and see if Aaron had resurfaced.  He does great work and would love to see the results of his Bolt from the Blue revision labors.  But understand completely if that isn't possible.
I haven't heard or seen anything since I last posted in February. Unless Aaron is doing something secret and under seal for JTS/WDS involving Bolt, I'm beginning to think it's over. Too bad if that's so.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings. - by 2-81 Armor - 08-13-2021, 11:56 PM