• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
09-08-2020, 02:57 PM,
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
(08-10-2020, 11:37 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 02:47 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi Everyone,

1. Optional Amphibious Rules. As written in the manual: Some units are classified as being Amphibious.  Amphibious units in Travel Mode can cross River and Canal hex sides at the cost of their entire Movement Allowance. If the Optional Amphibious Rule is selected, Amphibious units can enter and exit a full water at the cost of their entire Movement Allowance.  It can only enter and exit the water hex via a non-water hex. Essentially this rule allows a unit to traverse through a single full water hex. Previously amphibious units could only cross hex side rivers and canals. This rule was needed for Walchern Island scenarios and will be useful for other titles.
Hope these are all welcome changes and again please let me know of any changes that are needed for the manuals.

Thanks!

David

Hi David: Smoke7

In the Modern Campaigns Series, it is not possible to "force" an amphibious unit to cross adjacent River and Canal hex sides. For example, I have a WP mech unit adjacent to a river hex. I place it into Travel Mode and then attempt to move it to the adjacent hex on the other side of the River hex. Instead of crossing over the adjacent River hex, it speeds down the road network and tries to cross at the first available heavy bridge!  Yikes  

How can players avoid that misstep?   Batman Confused
You can always move a unit hex by hex. Just don't drag'n'drop it.

I use the AI movement a lot, and it frequently makes these stupid choices. I have to try and remember, when moving, to  check for easier/cheesier moves that a unit might make if not give precise directions.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates - by Liebchen - 09-08-2020, 02:57 PM