• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
10-26-2020, 01:25 PM,
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
I think this sentence is problematic, "The Road Stacking Limit is the maximum number of men or equivalent that can travel via Road Movement through a hex.". The current rule seems to suggest that it does not matter what the strength is already in the hex, but rather what is the strength attempting to move through the road.

1. A single unit with strength greater than the Road Stacking Limit can always use the road movement rate. (but it's not a stack)
2. If there is already at least one unit in the road hex, another unit can move through it at the road movement rate as long as the total strength of all units once the unit enters the hex does not exceed the road stacking limit. 

The rule should read something more like, "The Road Stacking Limit is the maximum number of men or equivalent in a stack that can be present in the hex, or attempting to enter the hex, where road movement rate is allowed."
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2020, 07:18 AM,
Page 62 in the User manual mentions the significance of factors on the Alternative side of the unit changing to yellow.

[Image: 2020-10-28_20h04_17.png]

However it doesn't mention that the word Deployed in yellow should also appear to replace the type of transport. 

Possibly the wording should be changed to show that it covers mechanised/motorised units that change out of T-mode or deploy, and units which have gone ON FOOT? Too pedantic?
10-30-2020, 05:40 AM,
Besides that, in the game the color is orange and not yellow, unless my eyes play tricks on me.
11-01-2020, 04:50 PM,
(10-29-2020, 07:18 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Page 62 in the User manual mentions the significance of factors on the Alternative side of the unit changing to yellow.

However it doesn't mention that the word Deployed in yellow should also appear to replace the type of transport. 

Possibly the wording should be changed to show that it covers mechanised/motorised units that change out of T-mode or deploy, and units which have gone ON FOOT? Too pedantic?

Where is the 'Deployed 'that you are commenting on above, I checked deception units etc and can't find any reference.

Also it's yellow on my monitor - not orange.
11-06-2020, 04:52 PM,
Thx for the manual update project.

Would it be possible to provide a "printer" friendly version? ie one without the photos. Not talking about the graphics that aid the text but the interesting but unnecessary photos.
11-06-2020, 07:07 PM,
Or maybe supply a Word doc version like the old days? It used to make editing it for printing quite easy and you could add your own stuff.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
11-12-2020, 07:22 PM,
(11-06-2020, 07:07 PM)Pinetree Wrote: Or maybe supply a Word doc version like the old days? It used to make editing it for printing quite easy and you could add your own stuff.

I'll see if I can make the Word.doc available for the 'modders' .

It's too much effort for me to go back and remove all the 'superfluous' photos as that means a huge effort to get everything else aligned.

For the small minority that have the inclination, we will see what we can do...

David
11-16-2020, 12:28 AM,
(11-01-2020, 04:50 PM)Strela Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 07:18 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Page 62 in the User manual mentions the significance of factors on the Alternative side of the unit changing to yellow.

Where is the 'Deployed 'that you are commenting on above, I checked deception units etc and can't find any reference.

Also it's yellow on my monitor - not orange.

Sorry for delay. I've just managed to get back into the web site. My short cut was pointing to the theblitz.org and when it was coming back saying that this didn't exist I assumed the site was down? I've just changed it to theblitz.club and everything back to normal? 

The yellow 'deployed' I'm mentioning is shown below.

[Image: 2020-10-28_20h04_49.png]

It appears when a motorised/mechanised infantry unit deploys.
11-23-2020, 04:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 12:09 PM by BigDuke66.)
I don't know if it's been discussed, but the manual may not be giving an adequate explanation of (or illustration of) penetrated minefields and obstacles.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid440609

[Image: 2020-11-22_10h39_33.png][Image: 2020-11-22_10h41_33.png]
11-26-2020, 12:18 AM,
Broken unit movement?

I'm trying to extract the 422nd/423rd Regiment from the Schnee Eifel. I have the C/820th unit just south of Schonberg on the secondary road. I toggle the Reachable Hexes button and......it won't allow me to cross the medium bridge? The only choices are south or south west?

Road stacking isn't an issue as the C/32nd Cav Squadron only has 11 vehicles and as you can see the C/820th only has 2 guns left?

The German Pioneer is preventing movement? Yes?

[Image: 2020-11-23_11h55_33.png]