• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Recon units need a rework?
08-09-2020, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 05:32 AM by Xaver.)
Recon units need a rework?
Talking with a mate in a forum he made a good observation about recon units... he is doing an AAR and lose in a pair of turns a lot of recon vehicles in desert because they meet enemy tanks, he said that could be a good thing made that recon units have a % to retreat when enemy units enter on their ZOC area and i think is a good idea

I allways feel in PzC recon units are to weak to work as recon units... in desert and open maps and east front titles they work better but if appear tanks they are dead... well, the idea of made recon units have a % to retreat when enemy is on their ZOC is a possible solution... of course could be completed.

I think if you made recon units when have enemy on their ZOC have a % retreat practically perfect to keep the eyes of army alive and this help players use them more to find enemy, but i think this needs recon spotting be reworked and made it an ability you can activate like patrolling could work better as is now in game.

When they are in "recon spotting" your recon unit lose a certain % of action points BUT can evade 100% when enemy enter in ZOC, ONLY if is an enemy recon unit in recon spotting mode to, recon units CANT EVADE (or have a % to dont evade) because this simulate recon units are fighting for info. If units are not in recon spotting they cant evade because they are in fighting mode.

The idea is made recon units can perform a pure recon role when player needs this at same time recon units can work to fix enemy recon units or if you need they mantein terrain you can decide it... now recon units allways mantein terrain and could be destroyed by enemy tanks because they cant evade (a similar problem with skirmishers in napoleonic titles).

To be fair i very rare times use recon spotting in part because when combat start in an area have recon units here is like give enemy free points if have AT power in the area and when i use them to screen an area to know whats doing enemy i dont really need it a lot because i want know if something is moving.

To find ambushes and similar you need a really open terrain to use recon spotting... and well you can find enemy mines-obstacles.

How do you see this? can a change like this improve the "fight for info" area in PzC???

PD: other area i dont like a lot is the panzerjager and nimble armored vehicles, they are to weak and many times work as free points for enemy and with not a lot impact in AT combat because usually only can do 1 attack and you need move them all the time forward-backward to keep them alive.
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2020, 02:48 PM,
RE: Recon units need a rework?
(08-09-2020, 05:29 AM)Xaver Wrote: Talking with a mate in a forum he made a good observation about recon units... he is doing an AAR and lose in a pair of turns a lot of recon vehicles in desert because they meet enemy tanks, he said that could be a good thing made that recon units have a % to retreat when enemy units enter on their ZOC area and i think is a good idea

I allways feel in PzC recon units are to weak to work as recon units... in desert and open maps and east front titles they work better but if appear tanks they are dead... well, the idea of made recon units have a % to retreat when enemy is on their ZOC is a possible solution... of course could be completed.

I think if you made recon units when have enemy on their ZOC have a % retreat practically perfect to keep the eyes of army alive and this help players use them more to find enemy, but i think this needs recon spotting be reworked and made it an ability you can activate like patrolling could work better as is now in game.

When they are in "recon spotting" your recon unit lose a certain % of action points BUT can evade 100% when enemy enter in ZOC, ONLY if is an enemy recon unit in recon spotting mode to, recon units CANT EVADE (or have a % to dont evade) because this simulate recon units are fighting for info. If units are not in recon spotting they cant evade because they are in fighting mode.

The idea is made recon units can perform a pure recon role when player needs this at same time recon units can work to fix enemy recon units or if you need they mantein terrain you can decide it... now recon units allways mantein terrain and could be destroyed by enemy tanks because they cant evade (a similar problem with skirmishers in napoleonic titles).

To be fair i very rare times use recon spotting in part because when combat start in an area have recon units here is like give enemy free points if have AT power in the area and when i use them to screen an area to know whats doing enemy i dont really need it a lot because i want know if something is moving.

To find ambushes and similar you need a really open terrain to use recon spotting... and well you can find enemy mines-obstacles.

How do you see this? can a change like this improve the "fight for info" area in PzC???

PD: other area i dont like a lot is the panzerjager and nimble armored vehicles, they are to weak and many times work as free points for enemy and with not a lot impact in AT combat because usually only can do 1 attack and you need move them all the time forward-backward to keep them alive.

See this thread; https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73739
08-10-2020, 05:57 AM,
RE: Recon units need a rework?
Thank you Strela, i am going to use the thread you create.

Again thanks for your time.