• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
02-21-2021, 11:59 PM,
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
Zap, I think John was being facetious.
It's OK. Let him go.

All things "modern" are not always the best.
We buy old houses. We collect old cars. We do things the "old fashioned" way because they are the right way to do it.

As far as the game is concerned. I'm not a big fan of ME. Gave it away and recently thought I might even purchase it again. But, posts that tell me ME and Vietnam are replacing CS just turns me off.

Not because I am old. Not because I do not want to see upgrades. I love CS like someone loves their '65 Shelby Cobra or their '70 Porsche or their mid century home or Victorian.

I'm honestly not sure if I will like any change to CS. From what I have seen in ME and glimpses of Vietnam I know I will not like some of the changes and they may be too large an obstacle for me to overcome. If I already do not like the LOS rules and loath Extreme Assault how am I going to be receptive if it is foisted upon CS in it's new iteration?
I do now know that I will not be purchasing either. Not because of the rules. I really have no interest in gaming Vietnam and I am more a WWII buff that ME does not provide. Why waste the time or money? It does not make me an old fart. It makes me a person who would rather play a WWII scenario than a modern one. When they come out with EF III I'll give it a look. Or, preview. But, if it plays like ME I most likely will not even bother. Time is too valuable to waste?

Is the new stuff going to be great. Time will tell. For those who will see it, twenty or more years. Then it will be as successful as CS?
I'm not going to put them down. I won't call someone names because they like it.

At that point I may just call it quits after all the "old farts" transition to the new stuff version III, XI, XXL or whatever.

What I won't stand for is being called names due to it. Hopefully all members here that want to throw out version 2.02 will not feel the need to put the members down that do actually like the version over the new.
Laugh at my '65 Shelby if you like. I won't laugh at your Prius.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - by Herr Straße Laufer - 02-21-2021, 11:59 PM