• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
01-13-2021, 05:59 PM,
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
(01-11-2021, 08:53 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Hey Dev,

I loved it. IMO, I thought both sides were evenly matched. 

However, the terrain was the limiting factor. It was some rugged country playing either side. I found the firepower of the Israelis to be a bit better. But the foot units of the Jordanians to be better at holding on to defensive positions. 

I got lucky as the Israelis when I assaulted the lone bunker and dispatched the Jordanians gaining a bunch of strength point kills in that bunker. That swung the balance. I think unit morale played a role in that.

As the Israelis I went straight up the road whereas Ashcloud ( a superb player) tried the end around to the next pass. It was touch and go for a while but my Jordanians held strong then retreated not giving targets as he took the second objective.

From there my follow up with the Jordanians with a few turns left, was to fade into the country side giving no targets.

Ashcloud, again per my e-mal, loved this mirror match!!! Enjoyed playing with you!! You are a good player my friend and God Bless!!

John

I too really enjoyed it, the map complexity was intense. John, I enjoy our games together very much - your crafty approach of not giving me anything to shoot at worked a charm. Good luck with your next round.

Ash
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - by Ashcloud - 01-13-2021, 05:59 PM