• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
08-01-2021, 05:24 AM,
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
(07-31-2021, 05:22 AM)Scud Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 03:09 AM)RedDevil Wrote: All, my apologies for not getting my arse back into the tourney, just yet, Summer time, makes for some VERY LONG days, in the trucking industry, where I'm a shop foreman / mechanic.. humping 5 days / 60-80 hours a week...
weekends are sacred, gaming is nonexistent.
I'm only off for past 2 days, because my car got totaled on the way home wed night, and I'm quite sore.. no injuries , just bruised and sore..  Just kinda sitting here, watching some old Movies and facebooking a bit, and looking for another car online...

I got rear ended @ about 60 MPH, by some texting girl, and slammed into the car in front of me on the interstate.

Dev

Dang. Glad you're OK.

As for the tournament, it's between you and Mike and you've both had delays. Just let me know when you're ready for shiny new first and second place medals.

Dave

Dave, One tends to think.. oh he's off for a few days, he can game..  I turned on the 'puter Thursday morn @ 530am and I stared at my desktop for a bit.. put in the Marx bros' CD, my son got me for Christmas.. and let it roll.. Might be shock, or just that I need to stop, drop and roll here, a bit..and reflect on my Northern English Longshanks heritage luck a bit... Jester
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2021, 11:06 AM,
Hey Dave,

What is the status of this tournament? 

Seems to me its stalled by some of the posts here. 

As we both know, new game coming on line in a few months. We need to get this tourney wrapped up IMO.

Regards,

John Smile
08-20-2021, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 06:31 AM by Scud.)
(08-19-2021, 11:06 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Hey Dave,

What is the status of this tournament? ...

Hi John,

All of the participants have been awarded their medals, however, the final winner and runner-up have not completed their final game(s) so no medals for them until they do. I suspect the two remaining combattants have a little too much respect for each other, like two prizefighters who strike a mean pose, but who never actually throw a punch. Viking Viking

Most of the audience has left the building. Gone Fishing

Dave  Big Grin
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-20-2021, 09:24 AM,
Thanks Dave, well said!

Look forward to knowing the winner and runner up by 2049. Of course I probably won't be around then.

I too have left the building on this one... Big Grin
08-20-2021, 09:46 AM,
Well, I was ready what, a month, or was it two ago already, not sure what is going on. Said something to my opponent and Dave!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-21-2021, 09:27 AM,
(08-20-2021, 09:46 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Well, I was ready what, a month, or was it two ago already, not sure what is going on. Said something to my opponent and Dave!

Mike, I'd forgotten. I thought you and Randy were playing when you could. I know Randy was in a car accident, but was fine.

I'll email him (and you). If you guys want to call it a day I can come up with a tie medal. Is Randy your sister?  Big Grin
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-22-2021, 08:28 PM,
No, still waiting on turns....
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-24-2021, 12:13 PM,
OK, the new deadline for you guys to finish up is November 4, 2021. ~6 weeks and the 4th is a Monday, so you get an extra weekend to wrap it up. If you can't finish, I will decide the winner or whether you'll have to accept a die.

Keep us abreast of your progress or lack thereof, so I can see who's slacking.  Smile

Dave
Send this user an email
08-26-2021, 01:09 AM,
(08-24-2021, 12:13 PM)Scud Wrote: If you can't finish, I will decide the winner or whether you'll have to accept a die.

That's a bit harsh isn't it?  Whistle
08-26-2021, 11:22 PM,
(08-26-2021, 01:09 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 12:13 PM)Scud Wrote: If you can't finish, I will decide the winner or whether you'll have to accept a die.

That's a bit harsh isn't it?  Whistle

Erik, it is what I call, "playing for keeps". Rolling Eyes 

Farmer

HSL