• Downloads

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
02-24-2021, 09:13 AM,
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020

OK

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2021, 11:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 11:38 PM by RedDevil.)
(02-24-2021, 09:13 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: *********

OK

Farmer

HSL
  Soap Box  You are always a class act, Ed, no matter what anyone says about you, I will always consider you Top Gun! Devil
  I like instigating poop, you know me all too well, bro. We Are OLD school MFers..   Jester  

Dave must be getting his arse handed to him by Mikey in their match.... ( one can only hope, since I gotta play the wiener, and have proclaimed, no repeat customers, in the match ups of CSME!) Whistle

He's just irate... Whip but, he's a cool feller!

We are a fine, FINE niche of gamers, nobody will ever demoralize or ridicule, your stance, or anyone else's,
to keep the game as it is. I do so, hope to battle your arse, in the new versions, but if it doesn't happen.. I'll be more than happy to fight you "old school", bro.

It's ok Dave, I know you're staying the course... Sometimes the waves go the other way, ey?
When the time comes, passion, while it keeps the women happy, they just don't understand gaming..  Big Grin

Game on!
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-01-2021, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 12:53 PM by Scud.)
(02-28-2021, 11:37 PM)RedDevil Wrote:Dave must be getting his arse handed to him by Mikey in their match.... ( one can only hope, since I gotta play the wiener, and have proclaimed, no repeat customers, in the match ups of CSME!)"

Dev

You will be facing the Warhorse, provided I can't entice him to just lie down and die in the next four turns. We were neck and neck for at least half the game, but I broke my Israelis trying to take the first objective (which I did, twice). Mike's Israelis, ironically, have been held in check by my Arabs, so, being the wiser, Mike backed off and let me keep the hex with a toilet. Turns out it's backed up anyway.

Stay tuned. Miracles can happen. ~sigh.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-02-2021, 11:55 PM,
(03-01-2021, 12:51 PM)Scud Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 11:37 PM)RedDevil Wrote:Dave must be getting his arse handed to him by Mikey in their match.... ( one can only hope, since I gotta play the wiener, and have proclaimed, no repeat customers, in the match ups of CSME!)"

Dev

You will be facing the Warhorse, provided I can't entice him to just lie down and die in the next four turns. We were neck and neck for at least half the game, but I broke my Israelis trying to take the first objective (which I did, twice). Mike's Israelis, ironically, have been held in check by my Arabs, so, being the wiser, Mike backed off and let me keep the hex with a toilet. Turns out it's backed up anyway.

Stay tuned. Miracles can happen. ~sigh.

Dave
Well Dave, when you playing with the backed up "throne".. either wear gloves or call the plumber... in your case tho,  I'm not offering any discounts for getting you out of the shitte.  Jester  Big Grin
Soap Box
 Devs' been rusting over here,...my Devilish methods of destruction Whip are not being utilized, in their usual fashion..
Mikey is a good OPP..  long hairy, mustached fecker he be... ( not dwelling on that any of you fellers, esp, JohnnyP, (shameless plug) were anything less, than great OPPs.) You just gotta talk bad, about his Chevy (that wanna be Chevelle) Impala... then he gets worked up.. and his troopers fail  Whistle

Waiting for the call Devil

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-05-2021, 12:53 PM,
Warhorse kicks me to the side of the road. He's off to take on the Dev.

Congrats Mike. Nice playing.

I'll figure out the next scenario and post tomorrow, hopefully.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-06-2021, 05:28 AM,
Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 Tournament

The Finals Begin!
The scenario is Jason Petho's "End of the Bloc" (0-0-0)All optional rules on including fog-of-war and Extreme Assault (EA), except no Variable Visibility (VV).

This is a mirrored tournament, you will play two games at once, one as side A, one as side B. Tally your points in case of a draw, the higher score will be the winner.

Players should expect to finish by April 23 2021, based on ~3 turns a week. Please do your best so we can keep the tournament moving forward.

Final bracket is as follows. Please establish email contact with your opponent. Players in green get a bye this round.

[Image: ME-bracket8.jpg]

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of CSME (v2.01) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

Tournament will start on or about August 15, 2020. We will be simultaneously playing mirrored games, so you will play two games at once (a match), one as the Side A player and one as the Side B player. If both players receive the same victory levels, then the one with the higher points will be declared the winner of the two-game match.

This will be a double-elimination tournament. Two two-game matches, resulting in two match losses will mean you're out.

We will be playing unplayed scenarios. So we're beta testing. Expect some pretty bad ones. :-) I urge players to fill out reports on what they thought about each scenario when reporting their game results.

All rules will follow the designers briefing recommendations. If no briefing or recommendations, then all optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Variable Visibility (VV).

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.

2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.

Please Remember and Play the Blitz's Eric Bonner Rule:
Play the way the late Eric Bonner would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. Good luck to all!

Regards,

Scud (Dave Bracken) 
Send this user an email
03-06-2021, 09:48 PM,
Soap Box
To the Victor, well done Mike! You've proved over and over, you're not just a SB graphics man.. Big Grin

To Dave, How could you?.... LOL JK/ man, we know you played the long hair, bearded feck'N Marine, as best you could.. he is a handful!
Off to my sacrificial rituals, to prepare for the CHEVY GREMLIN.. Jester

That smell, is not wood burning.... Whistle
Dev
03-13-2021, 11:18 PM,
Probably not many following the destruction laid by us sandbox warriors..

Mike and I are about 5 turns into it. 22 is the end game.
We're trading handbag swings, bitch slaps, and high heel kicks at the moment.. since both sides are about as powerful, as an angry sloth..
He did toss a potato at me and I threw some sand in his face.. other than that, not much action.. mostly we're  positioning for an advantage.
Forgot to check the kill levels.. Think I'm ahead, but only because Mike can't buy Cam2 for his fat "Nova"... Jester

Dev Devil
03-28-2021, 12:06 PM,
--- UPDATE ---

Due to unforeseen events, the finals are on hold for the foreseeable future, with both participants in agreement.

I'll be awarding participant medals in the next few days, however, since it makes no sense to hold off on those.

Thanks everyone for a great tournament. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully we can announce a winner in the not too distant future.

Dave
Send this user an email
06-03-2021, 05:31 AM,
I might be able to fit in the turns again, not guaranteeing any consistent turn rate, but should be able to get this done. sorry for the delay. My wife is coming along slow but sure.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/