• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan 45 Glitch
07-25-2020, 07:32 AM,
Japan 45 Glitch
Unfortunately, an ongoing PBEM of Japan 45 had to halt due to a glitch, hereby posted for designers to attend to.  

In scenario 45_1104_1v2: Olympic - Take Kyushu!, playing with V. 1.02, on Turn 15 the Japanese 216th Division arrives as a reinforcement.  However a duplicate of the same division also arrives, so the Japanese get two identical divisions in the same hexe(s).
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2020, 08:17 AM,
RE: Japan 45 Glitch
(07-25-2020, 07:32 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Unfortunately, an ongoing PBEM of Japan 45 had to halt due to a glitch, hereby posted for designers to attend to.  

In scenario 45_1104_1v2: Olympic - Take Kyushu!, playing with V. 1.02, on Turn 15 the Japanese 216th Division arrives as a reinforcement.  However a duplicate of the same division also arrives, so the Japanese get two identical divisions in the same hexe(s).

Send a email to JTS support and tell them what you are seeing, so it can be fixed.

[email protected]
07-25-2020, 09:04 AM,
(07-25-2020, 08:17 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 07:32 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Unfortunately, an ongoing PBEM of Japan 45 had to halt due to a glitch, hereby posted for designers to attend to.  

Send a email to JTS support and tell them what  you are seeing, so it can be fixed.

[email protected]

Got it...done.
07-25-2020, 10:48 AM,
Could be two different divisions, just forgot to renumber one of them?
07-25-2020, 01:00 PM,

Hi there,

Just had a look at this. It looks like there is the same strategy option in the scenario twice.

I have never seen this before so I'm interested to hear what happened. It looks like the same units arrived twice based upon the test I just ran.

If want to continue the game without the duplicate units, I can possibly text edit the additional units out for you.

I'll get the scenario fixed for the next patch release.

David
07-25-2020, 01:53 PM,
Another solution, if there are map edges that can be reached, would be to march the extra division to a map edge and exit the map. No points will be lost/gained that way, except possibly from interdiction.
[Image: exercise.png]
07-25-2020, 04:19 PM,
(07-25-2020, 01:00 PM)Strela Wrote:

Hi there,

Just had a look at this. It looks like there is the same strategy option in the scenario twice.

I have never seen this before so I'm interested to hear what happened. It looks like the same units arrived twice based upon the test I just ran.

If want to continue the game without the duplicate units, I can possibly text edit the additional units out for you.

I'll get the scenario fixed for the next patch release.

David

I can send you the file. I'm the other player.
12-30-2020, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 03:48 AM by Mowgli.)
I just want to make sure this is not an oversight?

In scenario #45_1208_1 "Japanese Counterattack - Take Sendai", playing as the Japanese, the HQ of the 206th Division (Hex 28,11) cannot be moved off the hill. You get the error message "Unit cannot move from terrain". I suppose that it's because the HQ is equipped with bicycles which are not allowed to enter (or move from) "rough" terrain without a road. Unfortunately, as it is a HQ unit, you cannot order it to leave the bikes behind ("go on foot"). So the HQ is stuck on the hill for the whole game, which is a pretty big handicap for the Japanese (supply/being in command is essential!).

PS: Even worse, you can put the unit into travel mode, but not back into deployed mode. So I'm stuck with a command range of 7 instead of 10. :(

Is this working as intended?

----------------------

Also, certainly not a glitch but a design decision: How come the Japanese infantry has excellent anti tank capabilities (hard fire 8/1; also used in melee) while the Americans really depend on anti tank guns and tanks of their own (hard fire 2/1)? I have not found any explanation in the design notes on this. Just curious.