• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interdiction
07-24-2020, 09:02 AM,
Interdiction
[8.2] Off-Map Air Missions

Air Interdiction
As units move on the map in Travel or Rail Mode, there is a chance that their movement will be Interdicted by enemy air units. This probability is based on Parameter data per side (see the Parameter Data Dialog in the Main Program). The probability is based on the total number of units in Travel or Rail Mode in the hex being moved into. The probability is modified by any terrain modifier of the hex being moved into. The probability is half during Dawn and Dusk turns.

From the look of it Air Interdiction is not affected by visibility or weather.

IMO interdiction probability should be reduced for poor weather/visibility.

Thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2020, 12:05 PM,
RE: Interdiction
Probably, but it might already be happening.
The rules are a little vague when it comes to interdiction.
I mean, if you have the Low Vis optional rule enabled, air attacks are affected.
What I'm less clear on is if interdiction attacks are also affected by it.
It's an aerial attack, so I assume so, but I can't see any clear indications either way in the rule-book.

What I'd really like to see is a reduction in interdiction-attacks if the target unit is within flak-range of a friendly AA unit.
So you could use some of the ubiquitous AA units to set up a corridor of relative safety.
07-24-2020, 12:15 PM,
I can't say I notice a lessening of interdiction when visibility is low or the weather changes to soft or mud. I think the rules are correct. But I could be wrong.
07-24-2020, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2020, 04:26 PM by ComradeP.)
There's no additional adjustment for weather conditions (aside from Storm conditions). As noted in the description in the user manual, terrain reduces the probability.

I ran a few tests and at the moment I'm not entirely sure if interdiction can take place when visibility is 1 when it's not a dawn/dusk turn.

Using Low Visibility Air can mean that there are no actual air units available during a turn, but interdiction can still take place. With Low Visibility Air on, air units will only be available if dividing the air units by the percentage results in a number of 1 or higher. If you have 3 air units and the percentage is 25%, nothing will ever be available, but interdiction works.

Interdiction also requires the presence of a non-recon air unit in the OOB for the scenario. No tactical air units, no interdiction.