• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Little Help Please
09-15-2020, 02:57 AM,
A Little Help Please
Hello All, 

With the new set up I am getting 3 .bte files when I move or copy and paste a turn into my WF, EF or RS folder and then complete my turn. 

After copying / moving the turn it shows up as:

turn.bte

After completing my turn it shows up as: 

turn.bte
turn older.bte
turn oldest.bte 

I have never had this happen before. 

I am guessing there is a setting that needs to be adjusted. 

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2020, 03:17 AM,
RE: A Little Help Please
You can turn that off if you want under Options > Backup Saves. I leave mine on, they've saved me several times for various reasons. They allow you to go back before you saved the turn or in case of a crash or a corrupt save. They can be thrown out, or saved if you wanted to review a turn(s).

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-15-2020, 04:02 AM,
Yeah Hawk, its like Dave says, can be turned off in options. They are multiple saves that give you the ability to reconstruct if you have too. It has saved my bacon a couple of times also. 

Good Luck!! Wink
09-15-2020, 06:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 06:57 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Thanks much!

Actually cannot find what you are taking about. 

Can you give a little more info please?
09-15-2020, 10:16 AM,
Hawk,

When it's your turn and after the opening festivities with artillery and such are done and you are at the start of your turn,

Go to options on the top menu and then the 3rd choice down; says Backup Saves!? If it's checked, uncheck it. 

When you do that only the bte file of your game will be saved not the older.bte and oldest.bte files. 

When you are playing a game only use the .bte file and I think that is forced when you pull the turn up, loads automatically in the play engine. Nothing to worry about! 

When you are forwarding the file via email after you complete your turn, to your opponent, only forward the .bte file and NOT the older.bte or oldest.bte file! This is important!

If you have any more problems yell brother!!

Regards and Good Luck!!,
John (Big Ivan) Smile