• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Font/interface resizing ?
07-09-2020, 12:59 AM,
Font/interface resizing ?
New wargamer here. Just tried to start to learn to play Japan '45 (or a PzC game anyway) yesterday.

My first problem wasn't with game mechanisms/concepts, it was with the interface/font size.

The menu font is too small. Even worse with the right click on a unit in the Hex Info Area.

The icons on the tool bar are too small too.

Do all of you guys play with that small interface or is there a setting/trick to resize it ? I'm on a 2560x1440 Windows resolution, but I'm almost certain that most if not all of you are on that resolution anyway...

And if this is not the right place to ask, I'm sorry about that, but would any of you be able to point me to the right direction ?

Thanks a lot !
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2020, 02:19 AM,
RE: Font/interface resizing ?
Always great to welcome new players to the club!  Wink

You have posted on the correct forum, I think perhaps because I have been playing these games so long I have just got used to the font and icons and see them as "normal", I am not sure you have many options to tweak things but I am a tech dinosaur and one of the more enlightened guys may be able to suggest some changes you can make?
07-09-2020, 03:25 AM,
(07-09-2020, 12:59 AM)kiker Wrote: New wargamer here. Just tried to start to learn to play Japan '45 (or a PzC game anyway) yesterday.

My first problem wasn't with game mechanisms/concepts, it was with the interface/font size.

The menu font is too small. Even worse with the right click on a unit in the Hex Info Area.

Do all of you guys play with that small interface or is there a setting/trick to resize it ? I'm on a 2560x1440 Windows resolution, but I'm almost certain that most if not all of you are on that resolution anyway...

And if this is not the right place to ask, I'm sorry about that, but would any of you be able to point me to the right direction ?

Thanks a lot !

I play on a 15 1/4" laptop screen, with 1920 X 1082 resolution at 150%. Works fine for me. I use 125% for everything else, but switch to 150% for Tiller games.
07-09-2020, 03:45 AM,
(07-09-2020, 03:25 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 12:59 AM)kiker Wrote: New wargamer here. Just tried to start to learn to play Japan '45 (or a PzC game anyway) yesterday.

Thanks a lot !

I play on a 15 1/4" laptop screen, with 1920 X 1082 resolution at 150%. Works fine for me. I use 125% for everything else, but switch to 150% for Tiller games.

The DPI setting or the 'Make text bigger' one ?
07-09-2020, 08:55 AM,
(07-09-2020, 03:45 AM)kiker Wrote: [quote pid='437745' dateline='1594229116']

The DPI setting or the 'Make text bigger' one ?
[/quote]
A picture is worth a whole bunch of words Helmet Wink BTW: Ignore the red-letter warning. Tiller apps are very tolerant about display settings. I've used lots of different ones over the years and never had a problem with them running. Experiment until you find what works best for you and your system.

[Image: display.jpg]
07-09-2020, 09:02 AM,
Ok, all right. I'll fiddle with that a bit. Just noticed that all the other windows get way too big, but oh well. I'll try to find a middle ground around all that :)

Thanks for your time and advice !
07-09-2020, 10:55 AM,
(07-09-2020, 09:02 AM)kiker Wrote: Ok, all right. I'll fiddle with that a bit. Just noticed that all the other windows get way too big, but oh well. I'll try to find a middle ground around all that :)

Thanks for your time and advice !
07-09-2020, 11:04 AM,
You're most welcome, Kiker. I don't know of a way to enlarge only the menu bar, or only the game window, if that's what you meant by all the other windows getting too big. Maybe somebody else out there does - I don't pretend to be a Windows guru. Windows is capable of so much more than most of us will ever need or discover, though. I hope if you play around with the settings you can find a comfy combination.
07-09-2020, 10:41 PM,
There is also the zoom in mode on the game menu for the picture.
07-10-2020, 07:52 PM,
Start your game.
In Windows 10, click Start, in the menu scroll down to Windows ease of access, select magnifier.
Works for me but to be honest I don't use it.

Couple of points, to exit this mode use the symbol on the bottom taskbar, and scrolling in game, if you hit the buffers just click on any hex at the map edge then continue.
Again I do not use this app so I'm not familiar with it's workings however it should work for all manner of things.