• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Tiller Software - Summer Sale
07-03-2020, 05:51 AM,
RE: John Tiller Software - Summer Sale
Now I just need to retire so I have the time to play them all! Unfortunately that is at least a decade away :-(
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2020, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 06:29 AM by Bioman.)
How many games do you have to buy to get the bulk discount? Never mind as I found the answer-$200. It is too bad as there are not that many games left that I might want.
07-03-2020, 06:43 AM,
(07-03-2020, 05:51 AM)CountryBoy Wrote: Now I just need to retire so I have the time to play them all! Unfortunately that is at least a decade away :-(

As you know, you can't play them if you don't own them!   Mex Big Grin
07-03-2020, 08:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 08:05 AM by Xaver.)
(07-02-2020, 01:33 AM)The Killer Rabbits Wrote: Even if Scheltd44 were out before 19 July it wouldn't qualify for the discount, not being out longer than 12 months and all...

I know but one thing is buy it alone and other buy it in a pack before summer sale end.

Bulk discount means you buy 5 games (180 $, 20%), in summer sale you need buy in titles with the discount 7 of them (30x7=210) and you pay with discount 188$, you have 2 extra titles for only 8$.

With a full price title 6+1 you pay 196$  Helmet Wink
07-11-2020, 10:49 PM,
Having bought piecemeal a couple of years ago my first and, up until then, only JTS games, Panzer Battles Normandy & Squad Battles Red Victory. And having got excited again by Wargame Design Studio's recent excellent work on so many of JTS' games but especially on the PB titles, I took the plunge last week and took advantage of both the sale and bulk discounts. I just bought:

SB First World War
SB Modern War
PB Kursk
PB North Africa 1941
PC Japan '45
CFWW East Prussia '14
MC North German Plain '85
NB Campaign Waterloo

Having loved PB Normandy I had to get the other 2 PB titles without question and having a lot of other wargames on the most widely covered aspects of WW2 I wanted to get a range of other theatres and JTS game types not covered as frequently, hence East Prussia, FWW, NGP, Waterloo - also I love counter-factual stuff too (eg Sealion etc).

But, I think I've been spoilt by the PB titles because the graphics are so good, I was shocked by how awful the heavily pixelated unit counter graphics on PC Japan45, MC NGP85 and FWWC East Prussia (my first campaign titles) were, especially since Japan45 was published so recently.
Call me shallow but in PB really I like the graphical unit option better than NATO, it somehow humanises everything, rather like you get in SB, and for me this adds just an extra bit of immersion.

I know the Campaign series are probably meant to be played using NATO graphics but can anyone recommend any unit graphics mods for these titles?

Also any mods recommended that give less heavy shading for the Campaign games?

Cheers :)
07-12-2020, 01:50 PM,
(07-11-2020, 10:49 PM)CAMUSFACEL Wrote: Having bought piecemeal a couple of years ago my first and, up until then, only JTS games, Panzer Battles Normandy & Squad Battles Red Victory. And having got excited again by Wargame Design Studio's recent excellent work on so many of JTS' games but especially on the PB titles, I took the plunge last week and took advantage of both the sale and bulk discounts. I just bought:

SB First World War
SB Modern War
PB Kursk
PB North Africa 1941
PC Japan '45
CFWW East Prussia '14
NB Campaign Waterloo

Having loved PB Normandy I had to get the other 2 PB titles without question and having a lot of other wargames on the most widely covered aspects of WW2 I wanted to get a range of other theatres and JTS game types not covered as frequently, hence East Prussia, FWW, NGP, Waterloo - also I love counter-factual stuff too (eg Sealion etc).

But, I think I've been spoilt by the PB titles because the graphics are so good, I was shocked by how awful the heavily pixelated unit counter graphics on PC Japan45, MC NGP85 and FWWC East Prussia (my first campaign titles) were, especially since Japan45 was published so recently.
Call me shallow but in PB really I like the graphical unit option better than NATO, it somehow humanises everything, rather like you get in SB, and for me this adds just an extra bit of immersion.

I know the Campaign series are probably meant to be played using NATO graphics but can anyone recommend any unit graphics mods for these titles?

Hi there,

As announced in this thread; https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73504

This will ultimately get rolled out across the Panzer Campaigns and Modern Campaigns titles. For the First World War Campaign titles, that will be up to Jison on timing. Please note that the FWWC titles don't use graphical icons, so even when updated there won't be any visuals for those.

David

Example icons (right click for full size if applicable);

[Image: Post%2020200712_02.png]
07-13-2020, 09:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 10:02 PM by CAMUSFACEL.)
(07-12-2020, 01:50 PM)Strela Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:49 PM)CAMUSFACEL Wrote: Having bought piecemeal a couple of years ago my first and, up until then, only JTS games, Panzer Battles Normandy & Squad Battles Red Victory. And having got excited again by Wargame Design Studio's recent excellent work on so many of JTS' games but especially on the PB titles, I took the plunge last week and took advantage of both the sale and bulk discounts. I just bought:

SB First World War
SB Modern War
PB Kursk
PB North Africa 1941
PC Japan '45
CFWW East Prussia '14
NB Campaign Waterloo

Hi there,

As announced in this thread; https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73504

This will ultimately get rolled out across the Panzer Campaigns and Modern Campaigns titles. For the First World War Campaign titles, that will be up to Jison on timing. Please note that the FWWC titles don't use graphical icons, so even when updated there won't be any visuals for those.

David

Example icons (right click for full size if applicable);

[Image: Post%2020200712_02.png]
Many thanks for the reply, David.
Apologies: I had read the Blitz post a while ago and had read all the exc WDS News/blog posts while researching which games to buy, and just hadn't put 2&2 together in my post-purchase frenzied excitement.
Really looking forward to the updates.
Thanks for the insight into the FWWC situ.
Keep up the excellent work both rejuvenating the older titles and designing/producing the new ones, it's much appreciated.
Really looking forward to Scheldt44 btw.
Cheers

Nick