• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will I ever see the upgrade to EF-WF-RS?
06-21-2020, 01:57 PM,
Will I ever see the upgrade to EF-WF-RS?
I am 72 years old and I get the feeling that I will never see the upgrade to the Campaign Series. About 5 years ago Middle East was released and since then has had 203 games reported. I can't remember how many years it has been that Vietnam was reported as to be coming next year. Now I see that the latest guesstimate is next summer. I hope that is true. I expect that it do better than the Middle East game as the Vietnam mod has had move games played that the Middle East game. I know that the team is doing their best to get the games out and that there is a lot of work to be done for a volunteer team. I just wish they could work faster.

I bought Middle East and found that the only thing I liked about it was the larger counter sizes. I do feel that it was a waste of money to buy. I have no intention of buying Vietnam as I lived through that war and I have no desire to recreate it. I am only looking forward to the Campaign Series upgrade.

While it may not sound like it I do appreciate all of the time and hard work that everyone on the team has done. Keep up the good work.
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2020, 02:14 PM,
RE: Will I ever see the upgrade to EF-WF-RS?
Quote:I bought Middle East and found that the only thing I liked about it was the larger counter sizes. I do feel that it was a waste of money to buy. 

As there will be updates coming out for this, how can we make it better for you?
Send this user an email
06-21-2020, 10:07 PM,
Bioman, I feel your pain.
I liked the visuals in ME. Not the line of sight rules or some of the other rules. I gave my ME away.

All I thought CS needed was improved graphics like the ME version, some bug fixes and scenarios and/or more campaigns.

I think they threw the baby out with the bath water.

Feel like you. I have no interest in ME and little to no interest in Vietnam. Sadly, if the remake of East Front mirrors ME and Vietnam I may just call it a day and start reading history again.

And, before 'anyone' wants to pile on, this is my personal opinion. You have yours and I have mine?

Farmer

HSL
06-23-2020, 02:41 AM,
Bioman,

Personally I like CSME. I like the new coding, new graphics and new functions like recon spotting. The night combat is the real gem for me. Never know what your going to run into. The other plus for me is the weapons development through the decades. Big differences from 1956 to 1982. Finally CSME plays IMHO very well if not better with PBEM than the old JTCS and a lot of the scenarios one has to think outside the box. They are not the simple fictitious scenarios of the old defunct Talonsoft.

I am looking very very much forward to CS'Nam. For me it will be interesting to see the difference in warfare from Europe and the Middle East to Southeast Asia. Also the scripting discussed now and then will make for a much better and challenging game against the A/I. Let's face it the old A/I in JTCS is crap and it needs to thrown in the trash!

I'm 65 and plan on being around a while. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for a new and better Campaign Series!

Looking positive and forward all the way!

John
06-23-2020, 11:08 PM,
hi Nick long time since, good to see you around