• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EAW rule questions
05-23-2021, 01:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 03:40 AM by wololoh.)
b_Exclamation Mark  EAW rule questions
Hello,

Recently I have been playing around with the Early American War - Campaign 1776 specifically. I noted the following discrepancies with the documentation. If somebody knows where they come from, I am very interested to know (I guess it is a matter that things were updated since the manual was written? But I could not find any explanation in the changes notes).

- Regarding Artillery:
The documentation (User manual page 14, and " changes"  notes for patch 1.03) says that a defending artillery gun counts for 8 men in melee. However, in the game I see it always counts as only 2 men. Is this intended? It makes them extremely weak in melee, combined with high VP value they need serious protection (while adding almost nothing to the defense).
(related to that, is there a way to change this melee value? I could not find anything in the pdt.)

- Regarding tactics:
Documentation (User manual page 45, second bullet) notes that there is a bonus given for the first time a unit fires in the battle. However, I could not find this further explained anywhere, and also did not see any such bonus in the game. I this outdated info, or am I missing something?
edited: Just now I noticed in the game that first fire is doubled (for infantry at least) Smile . So although I still cannot find this detail in the manual, the tactic is true.

Best regards
Quote this message in a reply