• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Marching Eagles Waterloo Update
06-11-2020, 02:27 PM,
Marching Eagles Waterloo Update
HPS has just posted the latest update on Marching Eagles Waterloo  Wink
Go to their web site for free download - hpssims.com

Extensive playing has shown a few changes were needed. The new features in the latest version (2.02.05) are -
1 - If Wellington or Napoleon is killed the respective army routs and the game is over.

- For Allied player - if one army morale drops below 10% that army routs. The game does not stop but the Allied Player will have considerable difficulty turning the situation around.

2 - Artillery canister fire and bombardment shot adjusted to gain better game balance. See Artillery Combat Factors. Canister fire lasts two turns before out of supply. Artillery loose 3 levels of ammo when conducting canister fire. Two levels of ammo when conducting bombardment.

3 - Units can be released when enemy units enter an adjacent area to the Fixed Unit. This does not impact Fixed Units that are fixed from being 'Out of Command Range'
4 - Cavalry units can not form Attack Column unless they are of Strength 3 (squadrons) or more
5 - When an isolated Leader or Artillery unit is attacked the attacker has a combat modifier of +10. Leaders or artillery units on their own can not hold back an attack for more than 2 turns (equivalent to 1 hour).

Key changes are -
1 - Playing the Waterloo scenario there are 2 Allied armies. For PBEM games, to allow one player to act as commander for both Allied armies, the programme has been modified to run from the end of the Anglo-Allied army turn immediately onto the Prussian turn without the need to come out of the game.
2 - Tactical Play Combat Option modified for Line Infantry and Artillery in one area to add the choice of artillery bombardment only, no infantry attack.
3 - Event Cards that force all units to 'Watch and Wait' will no longer appear after game turn 10 as no leader will be delaying action so late into the battle. These cards also can not appear to a player in two consecutive turns.
4 - Waterloo battle of 18th June scenarios - French Major Victory trigger point reduced from 5000 points to 3000 points.
5 - In Waterloo main battle scenario, Prussian infantry arriving n March Column rather than Line in original version. This avoids the unit becoming disrupted on arrival.
6 - Waterloo scenario only - If you choose a British unit on the Prussian turn you can activate the unit on the Unit Information Box and then attempt to move the British unit. Given the turn is Prussian the British unit does not move but a Prussian unit moves to the highlighted area chosen. This fault has been corrected so that a player can not activate a unit belonging to another army.

In version 2.02.05 and earlier versions on Play by E-Mail mode, a player can only see the opposing player's Combat Phase and not all the movement. A full PBEM replay of all enemy actions within Line of Sight will be available soon in version 2.03. This feature will be included in the new game in the series to be released in July.

Paul
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2020, 07:13 AM,
RE: Marching Eagles Waterloo Update
How is the game now? the improvements in art are really impressive but i still find game a little... abstract, i never play tabletop and i dont like a lot strenght in a number that represents X (one of the motives i have Steel Panthers as my favourite WWII all the times and not Panzer General) and is strange because i read the game documentation and appear in the scen editor units with strenght in number of soldiers.

I try find an AAR, video or not, with new graphics but i cant... i read another title is in works i have the impression is going to be a step forward and here i see 1809 as an interesting year.
06-19-2020, 10:56 AM,
(06-19-2020, 07:13 AM)Xaver Wrote: How is the game now? the improvements in art are really impressive but i still find game a little... abstract, i never play tabletop and i dont like a lot strenght in a number that represents X (one of the motives i have Steel Panthers as my favourite WWII all the times and not Panzer General) and is strange because i read the game documentation and appear in the scen editor units with strenght in number of soldiers.

I try find an AAR, video or not, with new graphics but i cant... i read another title is in works i have the impression is going to be a step forward and here i see 1809 as an interesting year.

Hi;
The game is now robust and the battle progresses rapidly. Small battles are easily done within one hour against the AI. Waterloo continues to be updated and improved. There is another update due at the end of July. I will send in an AAR on a new thread with the latest graphics.
Thank you for highlighting the Scenario Editor has an old dialog box showing the Strength of Units on page 4. I have corrected this and attached the Scenario Editor here.

Attached Files
.pdf   OOB and Scenario Editor Manual.pdf (Size: 1.55 MB / Downloads: 80)
06-22-2020, 01:31 AM,
Thank your for the info and the AAR.

I have divided interest in the game, a bit abstract for my taste but the combat based in areas is interesting... scale is good to have fast battles and play more as General and not like a demi-god, i find attractive play with a different style.

Again thank you for the info and your time.