• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers repairing rail lines
06-06-2020, 01:18 AM,
Engineers repairing rail lines
I thought there was a way for engineers to repair rail lines if there is I cant find it any answers.
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2020, 02:27 AM,
RE: Engineers repairing rail lines
Dennis, they can't repair! Units can damage them but not fix them back up.
[Image: exercise.png]
06-06-2020, 04:52 AM,
As Ricky B already mentioned, rail lines can't be repaired.

However, provided rail capacity is available, units can leave rail mode, move to a non-damaged rail hex and switch to rail mode again regardless of whether the rail line can trace to a supply source or the edge of the map. That makes rail damage mostly inconvenient in scenarios where the attacker has rail capacity, though the defender could theoretically damage every rail hex.

In PzC, most if not all unit types can damage a rail line.

In FWWC, only engineers can damage a rail line.
06-06-2020, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 05:59 AM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: expand reply )
In several PBEM games armoured trains were unable to follow the advance not because the track was damaged. but because a rail bridge was blown, I mistakenly thought constructing a engineers bridge would rectify the situation.
I real life rail repair was mostly way behind the advance.
06-06-2020, 11:37 PM,
Damage was usually pretty extensive and took a fair amount of time to fix correctly. By that time, the campaign was over. That would be more suited to a game series that covered strategically rather than operationally.