• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns teaser guessing thread
06-09-2020, 03:30 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns teaser guessing thread
That is one interesting bridge at Bratislava. The MIB should do a movie on that one.
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2020, 05:31 AM,
(06-08-2020, 01:39 PM)Strela Wrote: [Image: Post%2020200608_01.png]

Not able to guess the city but the very first screenshot shows but the reduced flash-bulb' effect looks very good, would suggest to keep it that way.
06-09-2020, 06:52 AM,
(06-08-2020, 11:20 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: If ComradeP is correct, it could be Poland is being worked on or it could be that they have a very large Master Map that they can carve out whatever campaign is being worked on.

Anything is possible but I doubt a game on Poland is likely to include Vienna and Daugavpils. The possibly of a Poland '39 game has been mentioned in the past but the map required for that would not need to be anywhere near as massive as the map I posted. A large master map of part of Europe is a possibility but given the amount of work it would only make sense if there were specific plans to use all of the locations mapped. Perhaps there is some other explanation or perhaps the city depicted is not Daugavpils, in spite of the resemblance?
06-09-2020, 07:22 AM,
Well, both cities could be in same map... a monster map!!! see the PzB map we see weeks ago... if you think in PzC scale... is A LOT terrain you can cover for PzC.

Is possible both cities be in same map but with scens in different moments, i think i a title like Salerno43, instead a single map we can play with portions of same massive map.

Well, with pics and ComradeP observations the period is more around 1943... but both cities are a pair of years over and/or under this year.

Who knows, Scheltd44 is not an easy battle to cover and looks is going to be a good one and with extra scens to complete title... i think last releases are giving us interesting options and well, after cover practically all main "actors"... time to see different titles, imagination to the power!!!  Helmet Wink
06-09-2020, 04:06 PM,
(06-06-2020, 08:23 AM)wildb Wrote: After their defeat in Budapest 45, the German 6th Army will make its last stand in Vienna 45.

Austrian army magazine "Truppendienst" is currently doing an article series about the "Final front line in Austria":

https://www.truppendienst.com/themen/bei...ie/#page-1

Not finished yet and not in English but might be interesting for you guys.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
06-09-2020, 04:27 PM,
(06-09-2020, 02:26 AM)ComradeP Wrote: An enormous master map of Central/Eastern Europe or even the entirety of Europe is a possibility. It takes a lot of time, but it would save a lot of time for future projects as well.

That would be a dream come true. Especially the battles in Poland and the Baltic in the second half of 1944 deserve more attention.
06-09-2020, 07:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2020, 07:26 PM by Mowgli.)
(06-05-2020, 04:13 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Strela/David posted a picture of a by (pre-war) European standards large city.

[Image: Post%2020200604_01.png]

Maybe my eyes are bad, but it seems as if the "Donaukanal" (Danube Canal) is missing? Once the major distributiary of the Danube, it is still a major obstacle in the center of the city. Not having it would be a major oversight.  

In terms of PzCampaigns, it should be represented as a river. The bridges leading over it (Salztorbrücke, Schwedenbrücke, Marienbrücke, Aspernbrücke, ...) have been demolished in April and Soviets required pioneers to cross it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaukanal
06-09-2020, 09:07 PM,
(06-08-2020, 01:39 PM)Strela Wrote: [Image: Post%2020200608_02.png]

So what is name of this city?

David

Is't mayby Passau?
06-09-2020, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2020, 10:19 PM by ComradeP.)
Quote:Maybe my eyes are bad, but it seems as if the "Donaukanal" (Danube Canal) is missing? Once the major distributiary of the Danube, it is still a major obstacle in the center of the city. Not having it would be a major oversight.  

In terms of PzCampaigns, it should be represented as a river. The bridges leading over it (Salztorbrücke, Schwedenbrücke, Marienbrücke, Aspernbrücke, ...) have been demolished in April and Soviets required pioneers to cross it.

Good point, in the 1:500.000 map used by Strela most of the canal isn't visible. It's hard to tell if it's currently represented as a stream, but it doesn't look like it.
06-10-2020, 12:49 AM,
(06-09-2020, 10:19 PM)ComradeP Wrote:
Quote:Maybe my eyes are bad, but it seems as if the "Donaukanal" (Danube Canal) is missing? Once the major distributiary of the Danube, it is still a major obstacle in the center of the city. Not having it would be a major oversight.  

Good point, in the 1:500.000 map used by Strela most of the canal isn't visible. It's hard to tell if it's currently represented as a stream, but it doesn't look like it.

Correct, it hadn't shown up on the 1:500,000 map. This map is definitely WIP and we would normally tidy it up once we had a battle to simulate in a particular area. I have now gone and looked at the 1:250,000 and added the canal in.

[Image: Post%2020200609_01.png]