• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Invisible hex obstruction
06-09-2020, 11:33 AM,
RE: Invisible hex obstruction
Hi Jacques,

Confirmed!! I see the same thing you do. In both hexes (36,33) and (38,33) the bottom left hand of the map editor says there are walls present on some hexsides but they are not there in all the 2D or all the 3D viewing modes. There are also no other hexside graphics there like minor rivers, streams or gullies. Also its not an elevation issues because the hexes in question and all the surrounding hexes are Level 4.

I also noticed when you rotate the map in the map editor the walls the editor describes are there but the hex coordinates change from (36,33 to 153, 118) and from (38,33 to 151, 118)

This is weird, I've never seen this before.

The only thing I can think of is it may be a compatibility issue. This scenario was made a long time ago under a different version of West Front I believe rather than the current version of 2.02 which everybody seems to be using.

Not sure what to tell you my friend to do next.  Perhaps some others might have an idea.

Regards,
John
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2020, 12:38 AM,
(06-09-2020, 11:33 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Hi Jacques,

Confirmed!! I see the same thing you do. In both hexes (36,33) and (38,33) the bottom left hand of the map editor says there are walls present on some hexsides but they are not there in all the 2D or all the 3D viewing modes. There are also no other hexside graphics there like minor rivers, streams or gullies. Also its not an elevation issues because the hexes in question and all the surrounding hexes are Level 4.

I also noticed when you rotate the map in the map editor the walls the editor describes are there but the hex coordinates change from (36,33 to 153, 118) and from (38,33 to 151, 118)

This is weird, I've never seen this before.

The only thing I can think of is it may be a compatibility issue. This scenario was made a long time ago under a different version of West Front I believe rather than the current version of 2.02 which everybody seems to be using.

Not sure what to tell you my friend to do next.  Perhaps some others might have an idea.

Regards,
John
Many thanks John

Managed to extricate my most valuable asset (105 arty piece) from 38,33 via path, with horse wagon. 
2 Medium truck units still stuck so not too much of a setback.  Lets say my 2nd echelon Italians liberated some Maltese vino and lost the trucks! 

Regards 
Jacques
06-11-2020, 06:30 PM,
are the truck disrupted ?
06-12-2020, 12:41 AM,
(06-11-2020, 06:30 PM)fritzfarlig Wrote: are the truck disrupted ?

No, trucks are in good health.