• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Artillery Ammunition
06-01-2020, 08:23 PM,
Artillery Ammunition
Is it possible to replenish the stock of shells? In two days scenario(95 turns), on the 32-35 turn i stupidly spent all the cannonballs. Its strange, because both sides have many artillery battery, but have only 3-5k of shells. Can this be on a large map? Should i save carefully shells or there is any other way to replenish supplies (for example, the map has a source of supply for my side - i dont know how it affects artillery)?
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2020, 09:46 PM,
RE: Artillery Ammunition
In a word, no. Artillery ammo is fixed for each scenario.
06-01-2020, 10:05 PM,
(06-01-2020, 09:46 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: In a word, no. Artillery ammo is fixed for each scenario.

Yeah, I so hoped that in the manual information about shells is incomplete ... Well, i will have to fight with bullets and bayonets, as in the old days!)   NAP Shot Gun Shot Gun
06-02-2020, 02:26 AM,
The AI often fires guns at long range wasting ammo.
You can reduce this by going into the AI tab, Adjust Auto Defensive Fire and change the setting for artillery to Med or Min.
This does not keep you from firing the guns at long range if you wish, just prevents the AI from firing at long range which is normally a waste of ammo.

Another tip is always use the Optional Rule Artillery Ammo by Cannon.
Without this rule you use 1 ammo each time you fire an artillery unit whether it has 1 gun or 6.
With this rule turned on the ammo supply for a scenario is multiplied getting it closer to being based on the total number of guns and you use 1 ammo per GUN fired.

My rule of thumb is I normally do not fire guns at more than half range unless the target is in column or it is a flank/rear shot.
If you look at the PDT you will see that generally at over half range the Fire Factor is 2 or less, basically a waste of ammo.
06-02-2020, 07:47 PM,
(06-02-2020, 02:26 AM)krmiller Wrote: The AI often fires guns at long range wasting ammo.
You can reduce this by going into the AI tab, Adjust Auto Defensive Fire and change the setting for artillery to Med or Min.
This does not keep you from firing the guns at long range if you wish, just prevents the AI from firing at long range which is normally a waste of ammo.

Another tip is always use the Optional Rule Artillery Ammo by Cannon.
Without this rule you use 1 ammo each time you fire an artillery unit whether it has 1 gun or 6.
With this rule turned on the ammo supply for a scenario is multiplied getting it closer to being based on the total number of guns and you use 1 ammo per GUN fired.

My rule of thumb is I normally do not fire guns at more than half range unless the target is in column or it is a flank/rear shot.
If you look at the PDT you will see that generally at over half range the Fire Factor is 2 or less, basically a waste of ammo.

Yeah, I had see the command to set diferent modes of artillery autofire... But it was too late)) Im very familiar with NW or SYW, but in the CW i play my frist two matches.