• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC Map mods?
06-07-2020, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 04:17 AM by phoenix.)
RE: FWWC Map mods?
I'm not a fan of those hexes, Jison, but still I take my hat off to you, because it's accomplished stuff, for sure. Just a matter of taste whether you go for it or not. But why, I wonder, did you decide to do that - to make the hexes so hard and obvious? There was always a possibility of just activating the (fairly innocuous) vanilla hexgrid, if you wanted to see the hexes. What made you go for that style, I wonder? I don't understand it. It makes the map look very unlike a map, to me. More like a honeycomb. But I'm in a minority, it seems, so no doubt wrong! And, like I said, I'm a fan of your abilities, at least, your artistic impulse, and the rest of your work, and I loved the non-hex version of your WitE map, really lovely. But I always just wish I could have your PC mods without that hard grid effect....And, more importantly, I really wish it hadn't been decided to make the entire FWWC series like that. It's quite a strong graphics choice to have imposed upon buyers, I think.
Quote this message in a reply