• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
06-03-2020, 07:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 08:06 PM by -72-. Edit Reason: changed the wording a little )
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
The only avenue that there is for that sort of direct feedback would be to drop a line to support at johntillersoftware dot com (or the support form on JTS site itself.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2020, 12:51 AM,
I hope Strela is looking here too, PC & Napy graphics are clearly 2 subjects.

I think it's futile to expect that the engine gets updated graphic wise but then the old graphics should stay, makes not sense. If the updates come and the art is not what works out for you then everybody can mod it the way he wants. I'm sure with the improvements moders will again show up to either update their mods or even make something new as they now would have the engine supporting better graphics.
Besides that, at some point in the past the parallel updates of HPS & JTS stopped and surely for the reasons that it's just too much hassle to drive updates that way. Expecting that they split them now again seems also futile as it doesn't seem worth the trouble.
06-04-2020, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 04:07 PM by O.Schmidt.)
Did Wellington's Peninsular War already have the new graphic? Or is the old one just revised?
Greetings, HaPe
06-04-2020, 06:04 PM,
WPW is old graphics. None of this has happened yet.
06-04-2020, 06:05 PM,
(06-03-2020, 07:48 PM)trauth116 Wrote: The only avenue that there is for that sort of direct feedback would be to drop a line to support at johntillersoftware dot com (or the support form on JTS site itself.

I hope both David and JTS staff look at these threads from time to time.
06-04-2020, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 07:23 PM by O.Schmidt.)
Is there a date when it will be released? (The update)
Greetings, HaPe
06-04-2020, 08:52 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
No idea, Oskar - I'm not part of that loop.  Although if there are screenshots it can't be too long before something happens.

I know that Cedric Monget and I were playing around with Placenoit from Waterloo back in January - and reading posts by Mr Peters, he's also working in that same space.

Phoenix- if you have left feedback on the blog post (which I think I read somewhere) -rest assured that you were communicating feedback directly to the artist.  While I have used some of your feedback in material I have worked on for JTS, I can only speak for what I had done. I just remembered you asking for custom mods without the elevation hexside graphics as well as the comment about the hexes. 

Part of my role with that was to collate feedback and present it to the project manager... so I can confirm that you had a direct impact on some products.  And keep it coming; I can only tell you that I will take it all onboard on anything that I am working on.
Send this user an email
06-04-2020, 09:22 PM,
Thanks Trauth! Indeed, I did ask for and get changes to hexsides, size of buildings, trees etc, plus various other things, in various series. David always seems very keen to please as many people as possible, and certainly listens and responds. I hadn't realised you were 'officially' involved there too. But I think you also did various custom graphics in the past, for which many thanks!
06-05-2020, 12:22 AM,
Hello Phoenix, in which block did you write? At JTS?
Greetings, HaPe
06-05-2020, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 01:53 AM by phoenix.)
(06-05-2020, 12:22 AM)O.Schmidt Wrote: Hello Phoenix, in which block did you write? At JTS?

Hey Oskar. Do you mean where did I make my requests of David, in the past? In these forums and the WDS comments sections, never to JTS direct, no. Is that what you meant? David (Strela) seems to check the PB forum very regularly, and the PC forum too, these days. Haven't seen him in here though, but I did just tell him that there was this thread in here, so I'm sure he will check. Otherwise, he always reads the comments to posts in WDS, I believe. i think David is in charge of all these changes, so best to address comments to him, I would guess, rather than Richie Hamilton (I think it is) who seems to respond if you ever mail JTS direct.