• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!?
05-22-2020, 07:37 AM,
RE: Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!?
(05-22-2020, 06:51 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: I guess I am sold on SAW then...  Helmet Wink

I am wondering why they did not choose SAW as the base game for the "Africa at War" mod considering the same weapon systems of that time frame.

But I guess the maps were more important ?!?

If I remember correctly, it had as much or more to do with the number of folders available for the participating forces as it did for the maps.  I don't know why, but apparently, you can't add additional folders as they are hard-coded in the engine.  Or something like that.  And since Frank changed the values for most, if not all, of the weapons in the database, he wouldn't have gained all that much from using SAW.  In some of the conversations I had with Frank, he mentioned that being under fire from a 14.5 mm machine gun was a life changing experience.  So he wanted to reflect this in his project.  The powers that be wanted consistency across titles, so we were asked to stay with the basis that had been developed for Vietnam.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!? - by Jeff Conner - 05-22-2020, 07:37 AM