• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!?
05-22-2020, 03:22 AM,
RE: Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!?
Good Morning

Africa at War was done by Frank Harmon and should still be floating around in the public domain somewhere. Frank was a Marine who served in the first Gulf War and he didn't think that SB was bloody enough. So the fire values in Africa at War are a bit higher and the results are noticeably different. IronX, at least I think that was his handle, did the other mods. He was talented, but he had some disagreements with people higher up the food chain than myself and went away less than happy. I am sure there is someone here from the old days who knows more about that situation than myself.

One of the things I like about both SAW and AAW is that they have vehicles, but not lots of heavy tanks. SB was designed as an infantry game (Vietnam was the first title) with vehicles as only an accessory to the main event. The overlap of the two was never very satisfying, probably the weakest part of the game in my opinion, especially when armor assaults infantry. If you haven't already discovered, tanks are pretty much impervious to infantry in assaults; the only risk being the chance of immobilization if assaulting into a covered hex. But titles like SAW and AAW have lighter armored vehicles in more abundant numbers and they can not bulldoze their way through infantry. And as I have said before, Ozgur was the best scenario designer that I ever worked with and Frank wasn't that far behind. I highly recommend both titles. And I am somewhat biased as SAW was the first title that I worked on.

Jeff
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Talking & Bruce Lee in a Russian APC - What could go wrong ?!? - by Jeff Conner - 05-22-2020, 03:22 AM