• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

North African & Mediterranean Campaigns..please.......
05-07-2020, 03:27 PM,
My 2 Cents  North African & Mediterranean Campaigns..please.......
Just thinking, we don't have any SB games that cover the North African or the mediterranean campaigns from WW2. JT gave a pretty comprehensive treatment of WW2 but didn't do any of these theatres.

One of you keen modders out there needs to get busy Whip . there's a huge gap in the market. I cant be the only one that would like to see the some Desert Rats going up against the Afrika Korps? Operation Torch perhaps? Crete, even...?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2020, 12:39 AM,
RE: North African & Mediterranean Campaigns..please.......
I was lying awake so got up to read on the Cuban campaign during the Spanish American War (for reasons unrelated to the Squad Battles series, but not unrelated to JT games), and was thinking a First World War mod for the battle of San Juan Hill would also be fun! Can you say, "Gatling Gun?" "Mauser" Krupp" ?
05-08-2020, 09:35 AM,
(05-07-2020, 03:27 PM)Embis Wrote: Just thinking, we don't have any SB games that cover the North African or the mediterranean campaigns from WW2. JT gave a pretty comprehensive treatment of WW2 but didn't do any of these theatres.

One of you keen modders out there needs to get busy Whip . there's a huge gap in the market. I cant be the only one that would like to see the some Desert Rats going up against the Afrika Korps? Operation Torch perhaps? Crete, even...?
I to would like to see an SB game that would cover North Africa. I have Avalon Hill's board game TOBRUK Tank Battles in North Africa: 1942, Limited Edition First Run Issue: Jul 1975.  It has scenarios and a section called firefights that I would like to be able to play out on a computer.
SSG C. Stanford USA Retired (1969-1991)South Vietnam, Athens Greece, West Berlin Germany, USAF Security Police, USA Infantry, USA Military Police. Duty, Honor, Country
05-10-2020, 06:55 AM,
Funny you guys should bring this up!! I am in fact working on an all-encompassing mod/game for SB based on the Pacific War game. I had started a Minor Nations mod in AoTR, but when I remembered that game only covers two years, switched gears and dumped it into the PW game. That being said, I currently have added in France, Britain, Poland, Belgium and a few others, so that for starters Blitzkrieg can be dealt with!! I've already made a few scenario's with it and it plays awesome! What will happen is that to play a desert game, ie Africa, there will be a desert mod in the mods folder of my game, use JSGME to switch to desert colors for vehicles/weapons/units, just like I enable for winter warfare in my SB mods. Stay tuned, it is a big, big project, but am killing it. Will release the first part as soon as I get Britain done, which am right now finishing up the vehicles, then have to resize everything for the on-map graphics, but I am working towards you guys goal! You will need to own the Pacific War title to use this mod/game, should be within a few weeks I will post it up top where I just posted my Korean War upgrade. So far I have a few French, Belgian, and Polish scenario's completed, folks will need to try out their scenario creating abilities when I release it to further enhance this game!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-12-2020, 09:48 AM,
(05-10-2020, 06:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Funny you guys should bring this up!! I am in fact working on an all-encompassing mod/game for SB based on the Pacific War game. I had started a Minor Nations mod in AoTR, but when I remembered that game only covers two years, switched gears and dumped it into the PW game. That being said, I currently have added in France, Britain, Poland, Belgium and a few others, so that for starters Blitzkrieg can be dealt with!! I've already made a few scenario's with it and it plays awesome! What will happen is that to play a desert game, ie Africa, there will be a desert mod in the mods folder of my game, use JSGME to switch to desert colors for vehicles/weapons/units, just like I enable for winter warfare in my SB mods. Stay tuned, it is a big, big project, but am killing it. Will release the first part as soon as I get Britain done, which am right now finishing up the vehicles, then have to resize everything for the on-map graphics, but I am working towards you guys goal! You will need to own the Pacific War title to use this mod/game, should be within a few weeks I will post it up top where I just posted my Korean War upgrade. So far I have a few French, Belgian, and Polish scenario's completed, folks will need to try out their scenario creating abilities when I release it to further enhance this game!

There were plans for this particular game, Ozgur on board, I believe, but things sort of fizzled out with the series at that point.  

It would be a brutal game to play, tough for the offense, I've always felt, but so much fun historically....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
05-12-2020, 11:03 AM,
(05-12-2020, 09:48 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 06:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Funny you guys should bring this up!! I am in fact working on an all-encompassing mod/game for SB based on the Pacific War game. I had started a Minor Nations mod in AoTR, but when I remembered that game only covers two years, switched gears and dumped it into the PW game. That being said, I currently have added in France, Britain, Poland, Belgium and a few others, so that for starters Blitzkrieg can be dealt with!! I've already made a few scenario's with it and it plays awesome! What will happen is that to play a desert game, ie Africa, there will be a desert mod in the mods folder of my game, use JSGME to switch to desert colors for vehicles/weapons/units, just like I enable for winter warfare in my SB mods. Stay tuned, it is a big, big project, but am killing it. Will release the first part as soon as I get Britain done, which am right now finishing up the vehicles, then have to resize everything for the on-map graphics, but I am working towards you guys goal! You will need to own the Pacific War title to use this mod/game, should be within a few weeks I will post it up top where I just posted my Korean War upgrade. So far I have a few French, Belgian, and Polish scenario's completed, folks will need to try out their scenario creating abilities when I release it to further enhance this game!

There were plans for this particular game, Ozgur on board, I believe, but things sort of fizzled out with the series at that point.  

It would be a brutal game to play, tough for the offense, I've always felt, but so much fun historically....

It's gonna happen, but will be a long road, like I said, will be incremental, just getting all the British stuff in now, lots of graphics work, but I dig it! I like to do the weapons research as well, too bad can't make a job out of this, was spending 10 hour days on it for 6 weeks while I was out of work, now am back, so will take longer!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/