• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Doubt about night fatigue
05-11-2020, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 09:15 PM by Juan Manuel.)
Doubt about night fatigue
Hi Guys!

A question has arisen with the night movement. I believed that moving at night had two effects, one is to increase unit fatigue and the second is to be disrupted if the parameter date has a non-zero night disruption percentage. But I've been looking in the manual as fatigue from moving or fighting at night increases and I can't find it. So I deduce that if the scenario has 0% in the parameter date in night disruption, a unit to move at night would not increase the fatigue. Is that so?

Thank you in advanced

Regards
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2020, 09:46 PM,
RE: Doubt about night fatigue
No. The Night Move Disruption parameter only relates to the probability of disruption when moving at night unless by rail or in travel mode along a road. But units can gain fatigue if moving at night when the Night Fatigue optional rule is used. This is explained in the pzc.pdf as follows;

"Night Fatigue – with this rule is selected, units that are active during Night turns will accumulate fatigue. The amount of Fatigue accumulated is up to half the amount a unit would normally recover during a Night turn. It does not matter how far a unit moves or how many movement points are expended. Even units with no Fatigue may gain some variable amount of Fatigue if they are active during Night turns under this rule."
05-11-2020, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 07:04 AM by Mowgli.)
(05-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Juan Manuel Wrote: Hi Guys!

A question has arisen with the night movement. I believed that moving at night had two effects, one is to increase unit fatigue and the second is to be disrupted if the parameter date has a non-zero night disruption percentage. But I've been looking in the manual as fatigue from moving or fighting at night increases and I can't find it. So I deduce that if the scenario has 0% in the parameter date in night disruption, a unit to move at night would not increase the fatigue. Is that so?

Thank you in advanced

Regards

NIGHT FATIGUE

If the scenario' "night fatigue" optional rule is enabled/ticked, then a unit that is active during a night turn will suffer fatigue at the start of the next turn (and not recover any, as units who are resting do). In Serbia 1914, the amount seems to be a random number between 0 and "fatigue recovery" *4 (not *2, as stated by the manual). So there is really a huge random factor in it. The manual is not clear on whether the amount of fatigue gained by night activity is affected by unit-quality (as it is the case for fatigue gained by combat activities).

What counts as being active?
  • changing formation
  • any kind of movement
  • digging-in
  • bridge ops
  • using a recon spotting ability
  • STARTING patrols (keeping up ONGOING patrols does NOT seem to count as an action)
  • BEING UNDER FIRE (the unit need to suffer at least "fatigue" damage, if it suffers "no effect", it is fine)
  • etc.
-----------------

NIGHT MOVE DISRUPTION

Night fatigue is independent of "night move disruption". Night move disruption is indeed a chance (per movement of 1 hex) that a unit disrupts if it is moving in any way other than 1) on a non-congested road AND 2) in travel mode. The chance for disruption depends on the unit's quality (=initial/best morale, NOT current morale) and the parameter.
05-12-2020, 03:03 AM,
(05-11-2020, 10:01 PM)Mowgli Wrote:

Thank you in advanced

Regards

NIGHT FATIGUE

If the scenario' "night fatigue" optional rule is enabled/ticked, then a unit that is active during a night turn will suffer fatigue at the start of the next turn (and not recover any, as units who are resting do). In Serbia 1914, the amount seems to be a random number between 0 and "fatigue recovery" *4 (not *2, as stated by the manual). So there is really a huge random factor in it. The manual is not clear on whether the amount of fatigue gained by night activity is affected by unit-quality (as it is the case for fatigue gained by combat activities).

• changing formation
  • any kind of movement
  • digging-in
  • bridge ops
  • STARTING patrols (keeping up ONGOING patrols does seem to count as an action)
  • etc.
-----------------

NIGHT MOVE DISRUPTION

Night fatigue is independent of "night move disruption". Night move disruption is indeed a chance (per movement of 1 hex) that a unit disrupts if it is moving in any way other than 1) on a non-congested road AND 2) in travel mode. The chance for disruption depends on the unit's quality (=initial/best morale, NOT current morale) and the parameter.

Thanks to both, Green and Mowgly!

True, the manual does not specify whether the quality of the unit affects fatigue gained from nighttime activity.
Thanks!
05-12-2020, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 04:25 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(05-11-2020, 10:01 PM)Mowgli Wrote:

Thank you in advanced

Regards

NIGHT FATIGUE

• changing formation
  • any kind of movement
  • digging-in
  • bridge ops
  • STARTING patrols (keeping up ONGOING patrols does seem to count as an action)
  • BEING UNDER FIRE (the unit need to suffer at least "fatigue" damage, if it suffers "no effect", it is fine)
  • etc.
-----------------

NIGHT MOVE DISRUPTION