• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reachable hexes
05-06-2020, 09:59 PM,
Reachable hexes
Hi everyone, just a quick question, is there a hotkey to show the reachable hexes for a unit? Kinda like the Y key in PzC? Thanks. (apologies if it is in the manual, I did check but couldn't find it).
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2020, 05:51 AM,
RE: Reachable hexes
I'm not aware of any such hotkey.
All availible hotkeys are listed at the end of the Main Program Help File (p. 47-48).
05-07-2020, 08:44 AM,
Thanks for the reply. So how do you know how far your unit will be able to travel in advance? Do you work out the movement cost per hex moved per unit?
05-08-2020, 12:02 AM,
Hey, at the beginning of the game I usually check the Parameter Data Dialog (F2) from Help Menu which display all parameter data associated with the current scenario.

In case of movement it's important to get familiar with Movement Costs and Change Facing/About Face/Formation Chance Costs. With few exeptions they are generally the same in all ACW titles so it's easy to learn how far unit can move in given terrain.

BTW, I forgot that there are far more hotkeys availible in JTS games as every Toolbar Button has its own hotkey.
I often use V (visible hexes), C (command range - leaders) and Q (highlight Organization).
05-08-2020, 06:36 AM,
Great, thanks