• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB East Front Comparison
05-02-2020, 07:00 AM,
Feedback Needed  SB East Front Comparison
Based on your experience, which of the SB East Front games offer the more interesting scenarios?

- Advance of the Reich
- Red Victory

Are the campaign and scenario notes for both titles available for download somewhere?

How would you compare those titles to winSPWW2?

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Worksh..._page.html

Thanks for your feedback! Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2020, 04:49 AM,
RE: SB East Front Comparison
As far as I am concerned, Ozgur was the best Squad Battles scenario designer I ever worked with. Ed Williams would be close. I think Red Victory is far superior to Advance of the Reich. The play balance is better and there are opportunities for both sides to be the attacker. Infantry have more anti-tank weapons, which helps offset the imbalance between the two. But that's just my humble opinion. Since no one else was offering theirs, I thought I would throw mine in.

Jeff
05-03-2020, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 06:08 PM by Embis.)
I concur with Jeff, my feeling is that most players would probably agree that Red Victory is their favourite of the two east front titles. I think it might even be fair to say its probably one of the most favoured titles of the entire SB series. The scenarios are very well thought out and can result in some real nail bitingly close PBEM games.

Regarding comparisons with WinSPWW2, I think its difficult to make the comparison, they are very different games so I dont think you can really measure them against each other. I think its really down to personal preference. 

My preference, for what its worth, SB every time.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
05-04-2020, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 05:42 AM by WargameGeneral.)
Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Red Victory appears to be the most popular SB title, so I will give that a go...

Beside the "Top Down" mod, are there any map modifications available in the Jison style?

https://www.mapmod.se/
I guess that is wishful thinking to get a complete "Gold Standard" overhaul for the SB series...  Helmet Wink
05-07-2020, 03:10 PM,
All the SB series have been overhauled quite recently, so the graphics are a great improvement from the original HPS days. I 'm pretty certain you get the top down mod as standard with a JTS version of SB games, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. These days I run all mine without feeling the need for any mods.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I