• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

More MC Tactics and Strategies!
05-07-2020, 02:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 02:25 AM by Xaver.)
RE: More MC Tactics and Strategies!
Well, problem is hexes represent terrain in an abstract mode and if you have 2 companies from different battalions, or from same battlalion but not combined, you dont have in the hex trenches for A company and trenches for B company, you have trenches for all units in the hex.

I think here NATO needs a bonus in dug-in when you have in a hex more than 1 company even when they are not combined because entrenchement is considered individual for every unit BUT bonus is global for every unit in the hex, is a contradiction and means is harder prepare defensive positions in the side that is in the paper on the defensive... and trained to fight a more defensive war.

I think in use the density in hex to improve dug-in chance, not a 3x from a full battalion but at least a 2x to simulate the manpower.

PD: WP sometimes need dug-in to wait more units arrive to have a chance to crack a NATO concentration... best way to lose a battle is send units one by one when waiting sometime made you can steam roll enemy with enought troops to pocket enemy.
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2020, 11:00 PM,
Manpower doesn't matter. A Co is not going to finish digging in and then send people to help another Co finish digging in. Time for completion should not be different except for Engineers.
05-08-2020, 01:11 AM,
(05-07-2020, 11:00 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Manpower doesn't matter.  A Co is not going to finish digging in and then send people to help another Co finish digging in.  Time for completion should not be different except for Engineers.

Yes and no, in game when ONE of the 2 companies finish digging the defensive bonus works fall ALL units in the hex, this means you only need ONE company pass the test, problem is when you have for example 2 or more companies split, on paper this increase chance to finish the work (2 or 3 units working meand 2 or 3x success time but with lower chance) in reality means same number of companies combined have a better chance to complete defensive works.

I refer you have a battalion with 75% success chance but if you have 3 split companies you only have 25% 3 times (like pass test 3 times with a 25% chance) that is a lot less than 75%.

My point is in that in the moment in the hex trenches are not property of one of the units in hex because all units receive the bonus i think some kind of bonus in digging % in density is needed, not the 2x or 3x from 2-3 companies combined but maybe 1.5x and 2x.

We can say the same when we have a battalion digging, A company is not working for B company but the bonus is for the battalion, as i said i understand is not the same have the battalion working as an unit because it can have support units (engineer platoon for example) but 3 companies even from different units with same number of soldiers compared with battalion needs some kind of bonus.
05-15-2020, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 05:49 PM by Mowgli.)
Here is a link to Greens explanation of the refuelling test, which is of particular importance in the modern campaigns:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid432953

Based on this, HQ jamming (electronic warfare) can be really dangerous if it hits your HQ in the refuelling turn and puts it out of command. Note that your HQ might be jammed if there is an enemy unit anywhere in its (nominal or modified?) command range. This can happen quite easily (in particular, helicopters can be nasty!). The chance is based on the "Electronic Warfare" parameter of the opposing side.

----------
Thoughts on artillery mines

These are very usefull as they block your enemy's supply. So, in some situations, you might be able to isolate enemy units by using artillery mines. If you're playing as NATO, artillery mines can be used as a life-saver (to prevent a Warsaw Pact assault on one of your positions). Mainly as Warsaw Pact, you can use artillery mines to affect the direction in which NATO forces retreat from assaults (they can't retreat into mine fields).