• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-20-2020, 07:07 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
(07-20-2020, 04:00 AM)ComradeP Wrote:
Quote:Looks strange but my understanding is that a bridge built on a primary road into a hex containing a primary road will effectively form a primary road connection and ignore the terrain in the connecting hex......I hope.

That's indeed what should happen. It can create odd situations or create favourable conditions that nullify some terrain penalties (like building a bridge into a forest hex with a road running through it, which would normally consume most or all motorized MP's if not entered along a road).

Based on your AAR thus far, I was a bit worried that the designer might be making changes that would limit the effects of some less ideal moves he's made, regardless of whether what happens is due to balance issues, but it seems more people are playtesting the scenario.

I knew someone else was play testing but I didn't realise that it was Indragnir. This is good news. 

After 6 turns I'm finding it slightly easier to play. There is a plethora of units to consider but that's because I'm still trying to optomize my moves. So I find myself fiddling about with the large Panzer Divisions trying to shuffle them forward for no real gain.

The only key units I should be looking at early on are Pioneers and bridging units. The fact that the Volks Grenadier Division have a 'special' 15. company which has engineering capabilities does give me a bit of flexibility if I screw up. However these are too useful for leaving behind as they should be leading the assault.

The other thing I'm finding hard is supply management. Its starting to bite. But hey this is the Ardennes 1944.  Smile
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-20-2020, 07:07 AM