• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-19-2020, 12:06 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
Overview of 7th Army in the south. Only two bridges planned. One built and one still in progress. I possibly should have tried to build more but its not really a vital area?

212th VGD is a very good unit (B rated) so has made good progress despite having only two Regiments active. Consdorf was occupied without a fight? He gave it up. I know he is weak in the south so rather than fight I've relied on infiltration to make progress. (no ZOC) Most of my fighting has been done by my artillery. 

The bridge at Echternachbruck has been up several turns but progress clearing road still slow.

276th VGD took a while to push 9th CCA back in the wooded area. The 276th VGD is a D rated unit so I'm not expecting much now that the heavy artillery has withdrawn. I've started pushing it west towards Diekirch. (GR 986) The bridge at Wallendorf is underway at last. It took several turns to get a bridging unit in place. I'm building it straight south to connect to the main road in the wood hex not south west where there is a Pioneer unit. Looks strange but my understanding is that a bridge built on a primary road into a hex containing a primary road will effectively form a primary road connection and ignore the terrain in the connecting hex......I hope. 

[Image: 2020-07-18_11h07_49.png]

I'll post a few detailed maps later.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-19-2020, 12:06 AM