• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-17-2020, 07:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 07:57 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
Here is the start of the game for XLVII Pz Corps. 

I can envisage Oberst von Lauchert (2nd Panzer Division commander) standing at the destroyed bridge at Dasburg looking at the road to Clervaux as it snakes it way north west through the wooded terrain. "So all I have to do is build a bridge, clear 4 Obstacles AND a Ditch, capture a Bunker at Marnach then assault over the the La Clerve and capture Clervaux...in the middle of winter!!" "We're gonna need more Engineers........."

Well he does have a bit of a start as KG Cochenhausen (II/304 PGR) does start over the river. Its Isolated and On Foot. Brian has a house rule which says that the unit cannot re-motorise until Clervaux has fallen. So even if I can get the HQ across I'll try not to end a turn with these units stacked with it. 

26th VGD to the south has an easier task possibly. They start closer to the La Clerve. (La Clerf) They have more Bunkers to clear though. But I guess the trade off will be go for the crossing or start clearing the Bunkers. (Hosingen is a Bunker I forgot to mark) There are Obstacles but none of them prevent east/west  movement so can be ignored. A bridge will have to built at Germund in their rear. Now this is a problem as there are Obstacles and a Ditch to clear in order to free up the road. 

5th FJD is well established with parts of two Regiments over the river.  Both Isolated waiting on a bridge being built at Roth. They have a longer march to the Clerve and a few Bunkers to capture or by pass. If they are to be used to strike towards Diekirch then they have quite a few Obstacles and a Bunker at Fouren (sorry forgot to mark this one as well) to over come. 

[Image: 2nd%20Panzer.png]

So how well did the German pioneers and bridging units do in 6 turns? Map coming up next thread.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-17-2020, 07:57 AM