• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-16-2020, 10:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2020, 10:07 PM by Plain Ian.)
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
(07-16-2020, 04:04 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I'm not a big fan of the alt rules, aside from alt indirect fire as that makes sense.

In Japan '45-'46, it's difficult to deal damage to small Japanese units as the Allies and assaulting is usually not desirable due to high Japanese assault values. On the other hand, battalions seem to take higher losses than they would normally take.

Casualties didn't seem to be scaled with the "normal" non-alt average as a base.

Yep casualties do jump and it looks or at least feels that losses are exponential. What I think this forces players to do is fight or maneouvre in company or two company units at most. So a Battalion battle is usually fought with only 1-2 companies up front and the 3rd and support units in the rear. I think this is the tactical feel that Brian likes and why he differentiated the fighting units of Divisions so much. Well thats my understanding.

What I like about alt artillery rules is that you only have to fire once! I get a bit tired having to fire twice just to kill 2 men.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-16-2020, 10:06 PM