• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-13-2020, 01:00 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
(07-12-2020, 08:32 PM)ComradeP Wrote: That looks like quite a puzzle indeed, I don't think there's another campaign scenario with "real" congestion like this. Moving mobile units is usually a pretty trivial affair compared to the real world situation.

The campaign in France '40, where the Germans historically experienced serious traffic jams in the Ardennes and had to move units through the woods in phases, is a clean affair compared to this.

Out of curiosity: are there separate replacement settings in the OOB for some (German) formations, compared to the PDT 1% replacement/1% recovery value for the Germans? One shortcoming of the series is how easy it is to recover uncommon or rare equipment with high quality formations, though that is partially compensated by the (much) higher losses. In stock Kharkov '43, for example, German vehicle losses don't really matter much as they can quickly be replaced.

Movement can be a trivial affair but only if you don't bunch up and keep about 140-180 stacking levels on the roads. Road limits are the standard 360, so this allows you to rush 180 sized units such as SS Pz Genadier Companies or Panther Companies (17-18) along the road quickly if they are stuck at the back.

The hardest part of the game is keeping each Kampfgruppen together. Tracked units can move large distances so you have to stop yourself grabbing every tracked unit that can reach a spot and ignoring its organisation.

I've never noticed replacement settings in the OOB? Will have a look. I have noticed breakdowns occurring in tanks. I tend to check my Pnthers and King Tigers after moving. It also might be happening in Supply vehicles? I'm pretty sure some units are losing 1 vehicle and its not due to a unit drawing supply?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-13-2020, 01:00 AM