• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-11-2020, 06:34 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
A closer look at Bullingen-Krinkelt-Hollerath axis. 

277th VGD have cleared 6 front line Pillboxes and lost 302 men. Not a lot but still higher than I would like. (US:Ger losses in men are at 1:1) More importantly Fatigue is still low apart from a few units which failed assaulting. 

The 991 Grenadier Rgt was in the rear so losses are spread between 989th and 990th. The 3 companies of the Pioneer Battalion spearheaded a lot of attacks and were used to clear Obstacles so they took a share of the losses. 

Pillbox A was assaulted twice this turn but held off both assaults. I've been careful to allow retreat paths for defenders in order to push them out but because I wanted KG Muller as far forward as possible it looks like I will have by pass Pillbox A and spend time eliminating it.

There is another Pillbox to the south with a US A/T company which will be attacked next turn. 

I forgot to label up the blue SS units but these are part of KG Kuhlmann. By securing the Pillboxes and pushing forward another hex, the 277th VGD has freed up the north-south road. This has allowed me to push KG Kuhlmann's armour forward. 2 comnpany of Panthers are now forward and two further stuck further back in the road.

I'm afraid the road is not visible under the mass of units. 

If you like micro managing and puzzles then this is the game for you. If you just want to push things about then avoid! <g>

12th VGD sector next.

[Image: 2020-07-10_14h51_32.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-11-2020, 06:34 AM