• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-10-2020, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 11:46 PM by Plain Ian.)
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
High level maps showing 6th SS Panzer movements on Day 1. 

Start of Wacht.
[Image: 6th%20SS%20start.png]

Dusk on the 16th.
[Image: 6th%20SS%20end.png]

277th VGD has done enough to dislodge US defenders and KG Muller (25th SS Rgt) is now deployed along the Hollerath Road ready for the next stage. A lot of congestion involved and basically it was a case of moving 277th units out of the way or holding them back.

KG Krause has been parked up behind 326th VGD. If patrols detect he is thining his lines I may just attack from here.

KG Kuhlmann has just struggled through the roads and has been committed along the Bullingen Road. The 12th VGD has moved to allow this.

Peiper is concentrated at Bucholz station. 2 King Tigers have broken down and been lost on the approach. 12th VGD have done well to push US forces back.

3rd FJD have probably suffered the most casualties but have finally over ran the the 18th Cav. KG Hansen has exploited south and west and secured bridgeheads over the L'Our. 

South of Honsfeld KG Z of Pz Bde 150 is attempting to move north towards Bullingen.   

This isn't an easy game to play as there a lot of units to move and coordinate. I've made a few mistakes (Bremer 12th SS moved south for some reason) but I've tried to keep things simple. That's why I've committed 12th SS on the Hollerath axis and further south at Bullingen. 
1st SS is going to be squeezed and after Peiper was committed at Bucholz St. it was easier to use Hansen to exploit south and west.

More later.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-10-2020, 07:35 AM