• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-06-2020, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 10:52 PM by Plain Ian.)
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
On turn 1 the German player gets to decide where he wants to drop his special paratroop unit von der Hydte. 

As you can see there are 3 drop zone options and two possible groups that can be dropped. I'm not quite sure why there are two possible groups. One represents the group dropped in a reasonable way and the other clearly shows what happens when the drop does not go well? I've embedded the OOB of the groups in the map.

In both cases all the units involved will be rolled for scatter, disruption and loss as per rules.

Just to see the different options I've ran through the 1st turn several times and this seems to be the pattern I see below. The further away you drop the better the group you will receive. In fact the Trois Ponts drop gives you both groups.  

Which is the best option will depend on your strategy. Given the level of scatter that sometimes occurs then there is no guarantee that you will not land adjacent to a US unit even though rear area US units are few and far apart except near Spa. 

[Image: 2020-07-06_09h30_55.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-06-2020, 10:50 PM