• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-06-2020, 10:20 PM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
Options for #16_14 below.

[Image: options.png]

Most of the usual ones plus a few unusual. 

Explicit Supply is used and programmed weather for historical reasons.

Optional fire/assault results and Surrender are ones I don't see too often. I guess the Optional 
Surrender is to ensure pockets are removed quickly.

[Image: rules2.png]

The Alternative rules I suspect we are all familiar with but I'll refresh everyone's minds again.

[Image: rules1.png]

Also notice that Locking ZOC is not toggled. In fact if you look at the pdt file you'll see that there no ZOC in this game and that movement costs are doubled when moving past units which would normally exert a zoc.

[Image: para4.png]

A few other things different or things that players should be aware of that are in the pdt and are different from #16-01s Alt Wacht.

[Image: para1.png]

Night disruption % is standard now at 40%? but is 30% in #16_01s. Digging in and mines are slightly higher than normal.  

[Image: para2.png]

Rubble is slightly higher which I assume means that its harder to Rubble? (Correct me any one?) Given the the amount of heavy artillery the German has at start its still very easy to Rubble things which slows their advance even more.

[Image: para3.png]

Speaking of artillery here are the artillery pdt changes. The allies now have the edge in counter battery and can stock pile. Both sides take marginally longer to set (90% is usual) with the US again being slightly better.

Ok that's the boring bits done. I'll start putting up the AAR. I've switched to playing the German side so it will be from that point of view.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-06-2020, 10:20 PM