• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
06-27-2020, 07:19 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
Here's a quick comparison of #16_14 with #16_03 which I suspect will be the main campaign game that people play. 

[Image: 2020-06-26_21h11_51.png]

In #16_03 the 3/395th starts off at Battalion strength but can be broken down into 3 company sized units of 255 men if its at 100% strength...which it isn't quite. 

In #16_14, the heavy weapon unit (155 men) is shown separately and has quite a decent soft attack factor. In practise this means that even firing at enemy VG units in Woods you can expect to hit 2-3 per shot. There is also a hard attack factor useful against light armour and Bunkers/Pillboxes.

The ATG company is also shown separately and its hard attack factors are now shown and I guess are decent for 1944 but this is a very small 3 gun unit so they are pretty ineffective. However since these are AT units they can go into T mode without triggering fire and scoot off. Unless in woods not on roads of course! Rats. 

The soft attack factor of the infantry components is reduced from 8 to 7 as a result of this change but the hard attack factors remain the same. 

Interesting for the bean counters like me.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 06-27-2020, 07:19 AM