• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
06-25-2020, 08:13 AM,
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
Ok here his a snap of positions in the Monschau-Hofen sector in the north. Its not a critical area but the Germans were still keen to secure it on the opening day of the 16th. It illustrates Brians changes to the OOB. 

[Image: 2020-04-21_20h03_41.png]

Anyone who has played Normandy 44 will be familiar with this. Heavy weapons are broken out and shown separately. So a standard US infantry battalion (the 3/395th in this case) has a separate HW company shown and the anti tank guns are also shown as a separate unit.

The Cavalry Squadron (the 38th) is a bit more complicated but basically unit types (infantry/tanks) and weapon systems where possible are shown individually. The Engineers and Tank destroyer units I suspect are units attached at the Group level? Maybe someone can confirm this as I'm not a US OOB authority just a PzC player with an interest in WW2 history.

For the Germans I have only shown the changes to a Volks Grenadier Battalion. But this treatment is extended to all German units, panzer and motorised. 

Yes there are an awful lot of units to move folks. But each unit now does different things so there is now a tactical aspect in the game. 

I'll leave everyone to go colour blind looking at the map and try to dig up more stuff to haver on about tomorrow night.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 06-25-2020, 08:13 AM