• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
06-22-2020, 12:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 12:25 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - CP conceded turn 150
Day 17. 06:00 October 23rd 1915. Mud conditions. Turn 128.

[Image: kUUgavp.jpg]

The first Landsturm units appear near Valjevo and will soon appear in front of the Uzice Detachment (red). Valjevo has to be held until the end of turn 142.

Pressure on the Danube I Division at Palanka is mounting, so it will keep pulling back. This was the point where I knew holding Kragujevac wasn't going to happen, but my plans were already based on losing it before it expired.

[Image: WOtcGUv.jpg]

I'm beginning to pull back the units manning the outer fortifications in Nis. Some field gun and cavalry units will take a detour to the north-west as they can only use the bridges west or south of Nis or the bridge at Aleksinac.

[Image: k0T9OzG.jpg]

Redeployments are complete, the sector is otherwise quiet. The three units at the bottom of the screenshot are border guard companies that will withdraw soon. They currently act as early warning for the movements of the Bulgarian independent cavalry brigade in the area.

[Image: iYi27i9.jpg]

Stalemate in the Kumanovo area, which is fine with me.

The Vranje objective expired on turn 126. The Sumadija I Division will move north to Leskovac using the trail through the woods. It should arrive in 5-6 days, depending on the weather.

[Image: Wa5QCKy.jpg]

The second brigade of the 156e DI is starting to arrive. Border guard companies and French cavalry units screen the Vardar river crossings.

In both WWI and WWII, the French colonial cavalry is excellent. The 7 speed, B quality Chasseur d'Afrique have 46 (!) MP's. They are Detached, unfortunately, due to their higher HQ (the Armée d'Orient HQ) being Fixed at the map edge.

[Image: qUhJcGw.jpg]

The Bulgarian Rilska Division is starting to arrive in larger numbers in the east. It's facing the lead elements of the reservists of the French 57e DI, some Cadre battalions from the Bregalnica Division and some border guard companies. Barely a screen, but more Entente reinforcements are coming.

The bulk of the Bregalnica Division has crossed the Vardar river at various points, mostly using ferries. The various components will reform into a normal division at Veles and cross the Vardar again with an offensive posture.

[Image: GSQCcJH.jpg]

The bulk of the Montenegrin Army is arriving. I have until turn 216 to recapture Visegrad. Plenty of time.

The 6th Pec Division will move into Kosovo towards Pristina. Its second brigade has a 15% daily arrival chance so it might take a while before it arrives.

[Image: Sj6xC5b.jpg]

Losses are quite acceptable overall. I have only a handful of yellow Fatigue units, the Cadre battalions that held Kosmaj hill. I've recovered about 8000 men compared to my initial strength, I believe, so about 1/3 of my losses.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - CP conceded turn 150 - by ComradeP - 06-22-2020, 12:24 AM