• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
05-25-2020, 11:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 02:57 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR
Day 13, 06:00 October 19th 1915. Soft Conditions. Turn 96.

[Image: bElgKO1.jpg]

Over the next couple of days, the line will straighten roughly from Valjevo to Palanka. The unnamed (at this zoom level) objective in the center of the map and Palanka have to be held until turn 126.

Beograd Detachment's Combined Detachment (a separate brigade-level HQ) composed of D quality Cadre troops will hold the hill.

I'll slowly start thinning out the Beograd Detachment's front so some units can rest, "leapfrogging" units as they withdraw so I can alternate which unit rests.

The Danube I Division will start rationalizing/straightening its front focused on the hills north of Palanka.

[Image: pv8x2Nl.jpg]

The Drina I Division is still slowly withdrawing south.

The units of the Krajina Detachment on the eastern edge of the screenshot will use the improved weather conditions to (nearly) reach the primary road from the fortresses to the Danube. 

[Image: pHLRkqj.jpg]

The Combined Division caused a few hundred losses to Bulgarian infantry battalions, knocked out 21 Bulgarian guns (but no entire field gun units) and destroyed 2 MG units. The forest made it difficult to cause more damage in mud conditions yesterday. Not bad, but nothing that will cause difficulties for the Bulgarians.

There's a border guard company behind Bulgarian lines. It won't move until it is withdrawn to prevent silly things from happening.

The Bulgarians have captured Pirot for 500 points. There's still a border guard company there in a redoubt, it will stay put until it is withdrawn.

[Image: gnjgJs4.jpg]

At Visegrad, Landsturm units are crossing the river after constructing a bridge. They'll capture the objective for a turn or two during the day before withdrawing to their crossing hex as shown here. I don't think the Montenegrin forces can throw them back across the river.

One heavy rail bridge across the Drina starts intact, the sixth Montenegrin battalion in the area is watching it south-west of this screenshot.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - by ComradeP - 05-25-2020, 11:10 PM