• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
05-04-2020, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 04:45 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR
Bunker busting is always going to depend at least partially on Disruption (and subsequent recovery) rolls, so capturing Beograd objectives might very well be possible. It does look challenging, and my opponent struggled to gain ground.

I know the objectives are timed to when they were historically captured, but that may or may not work in the game. Combat is deadlier than it was in real life and units rapidly lose strength. Battalions regularly lose 100 or more men in a single turn when facing strong defensive positions. That makes situations like the slow Bulgarian attack towards Nis difficult to replicate. In game terms, it's incredible the Bulgarians didn't capture Nis until November. On the other hand, the historical advance into Macedonia looks like it will be difficult to replicate for the Bulgarians if the Serbians send even minor reinforcements to the area.

I agree that in the 3rd Army sector, a push between the Drina I Division and the Branicevo Detachment could work, but there are numerous obstacle hexes around and units coming in from the north-west would need to cross two rivers unless they can secure the two northernmost Drina I Division bunkers in order to use the bridge.

Also keep in mind that the good supply the Central Powers currently have in the area is due to a bug (or issue in any case) with supply being traced normally across damaged ferry hexes. Supply would otherwise be minimal, coming from the 5 to 15 point supply sources on the Serbian side of the Danube.

Having said that, it is certainly possible to outflank Serbian positions and it looks like in the upcoming days my opponent will do just that.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - by ComradeP - 05-04-2020, 04:45 PM