• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
05-02-2020, 06:53 AM,
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR
You are now a whole day ahead of us, great AAR enjoying another persons perspective on the scenario!

Unfortunately it is difficult for me to comment too much on my game without giving my opponents very useful intel, also as my time is limited I will only comment on the Serb movements in the 3rd Army as that is the area that I am responsible for.

Generally your movements have been along similar lines to mine, you have been unlucky to lose two bunkers but that is the luck of the dice roll, like myself you immediately appreciated that the Semendria Island was a death trap for the Serb units stationed there and like myself you abandoned the island straight away (took some heavy hits on my units still), I also manged to dismantle the pontoon bridge and so saved the bridging engineer! In our first game (which had to be re-started when Ed made some changes) I managed to hold the Semendria objective until it expired and hopefully I can do the same again.

In the Danube I area I think it is obvious that the division will have to rely on holding the Mlava river to prevent the objective at Pozarevac from falling until it expires, did you consider damaging the bridges along the river? I know there are fords but with the Germans having no bridging engineers initially their destruction will limit the crossing places and make the river line easier to defend, also with the "medium" bridges destroyed the Germans will have to waste an bridging engineer if his guns wish to use the roads rather than the fords, small delays like can be important some times.

In the Branicevo area all you can do is delay as in your game, I personally prefer to save the Frontier Guard units as they can act way out on flanks and not be out of command which makes them very useful until they are withdrawn in a weeks time.

Any plans for the Chetniks that start at Arandjelovac? I can't really discuss our plans for the Timok II and Sumadija I divisions, but it will be interesting to see how they impact on your game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - by Mr Grumpy - 05-02-2020, 06:53 AM