• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to ferry artillery units in Serbia 14?
04-16-2020, 06:07 AM,
Help  How to ferry artillery units in Serbia 14?
I can't understand how to ferry Artillery units.

Thanks for any help
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2020, 06:41 AM,
RE: How to ferry artillery units in Serbia 14?
Do you mean by using an on map ferry or do you mean you are trying to ferry them over a river using an engineer?

If you mean ferried by engineer then only infantry, cavalry, MG, ski or bicycle units can be ferried.
04-16-2020, 06:59 AM,
(04-16-2020, 06:41 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Do you mean by using an on map ferry or do you mean you are trying to ferry them over a river using an engineer?

If you mean ferried by engineer then only infantry, cavalry, MG, ski or bicycle units can be ferried.

Thank you for your answer,
04-16-2020, 08:15 AM,
Ferry means "has boats?"
04-16-2020, 04:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 04:28 PM by ComradeP.)
Quote:Ferry means "has boats?"

In PzC any engineer unit can ferry units, but in Serbia '14 only engineer units with "Has Boats" can ferry units across rivers and water hexes.

Serbian ferrying capabilities are thus limited in most scenarios, as units with "Has Boats" are less common on the Allied side.

Page 51 of the user manual:

Quote:The unit being ferried must be of Foot movement class, or be of Ski, Bicycle, or Horse movement class and consist of men (right click in Unit Picture to see this information listed).

This also means motorized HQ's need a bridge to cross a river, or need to cross at a ford.

I'm not sure if there's any motorized infantry, like the Jaeger units in France '14, but as units can't go On Foot those units would need a bridge or ford as well.
04-16-2020, 05:16 PM,
(04-16-2020, 04:28 PM)ComradeP Wrote:

In PzC any engineer unit can ferry units, but in Serbia '14 only engineer units with "Has Boats" can ferry units across rivers and water hexes.

Serbian ferrying capabilities are thus limited in most scenarios, as units with "Has Boats" are less common on the Allied side.

Quote:The unit being ferried must be of Foot movement class, or be of Ski, Bicycle, or Horse movement class and consist of men (right click in Unit Picture to see this information listed).

This also means motorized HQ's need a bridge to cross a river, or need to cross at a ford.

I'm not sure if there's any motorized infantry, like the Jaeger units in France '14, but as units can't go On Foot those units would need a bridge or ford as well.
04-16-2020, 05:22 PM,
(04-16-2020, 04:28 PM)ComradeP Wrote:

My misstake was that i was fooling around with 4th invasion and couldn't find any bridges with 11 Arme and couldn't understand how to ferry them across. Then i read the scenario notes and now understand that the bridges will arrive on the 17 october.

Thanks again
04-16-2020, 07:05 PM,
The bridge engineer unit is scheduled to arrive on the 17th,with a 60% chance to appear starting 06:00.

Unless Volcano Man worked some more editor magic into the scenario and it teleports into the map with a pontoon bridge next to it, a pontoon bridge can't be constructed before the 18th due to the 8 turn pontoon delay before bridging checks are made.
04-17-2020, 03:32 AM,
(04-16-2020, 07:05 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The bridge engineer unit is scheduled to arrive on the 17th,with a 60% chance to appear starting 06:00.

Unless Volcano Man worked some more editor magic into the scenario and it teleports into the map with a pontoon bridge next to it, a pontoon bridge can't be constructed before the 18th due to the 8 turn pontoon delay before bridging checks are made.

Indeed Ed can work magic !!  Wink 

A bridge engineer can arrive as a reinforcement and place a pontoon bridge instantly, I can't remember if this is a new tweak that Ed asked JT to code into a bridge engineer units but that is how it works in FWWC.

In 1914_0906_02: Obliged to Attack there is a Serbian bridgehead over the Sava at Jarak supplied only by some low supply hex's (to represent supplies brought over by boat) however on the 7th September @ 14.00 the Timok I bridging engineer arrives as a reinforcement on the southern bank and immediately places a pontoon bridge to the north bank, the AH player hence has only a specific number of turns to destroy the bridgehead before the Serb units can escape.
04-17-2020, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 03:34 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(04-16-2020, 04:28 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I'm not sure if there's any motorized infantry, like the Jaeger units in France '14, but as units can't go On Foot those units would need a bridge or ford as well.

I am as certain as I can be that there are no motorized infantry in S14, however I have not played every scenario.