• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Funny calculations in game turns
04-16-2020, 01:04 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Funny calculations in game turns
Upon reading one of the WW2 books, there was a line about German expectations of winning the Barbarossa campaign (or simply destroying the Soviet Red Army) in nine to seventeen weeks. By that time, all major combat operations should be ended and the Wehrmacht would just continue marching/driving east to the A-A line to secure the lands.That expectation is a well known fact, but my PzC/PzB addicted brain immediately came down with an interesting idea, to put this and the entire eastern front into PzC number of turns perspective LOL For this calculation, let´s consider night turns being 2-hour long as well, like the day turns, it´s easier to calculate. There are some interesting figures coming out  Helmet Smile

Expected lenght of the Eastern Campaign:
756 - 1428 turns

Total lenght (June 22nd 1941 - May 8th 1945):
cca 16 944 - rounded up to 17 000 turns! Now that´s a plan gone bad...and we all know they lost the war.

This puts some eastern front titles into perspective when you consider these facts.

For example, you could say that the Stalingrad Uranus campaign first turn is Turns 6 144 out of 17,000 :) And the last turn being 6.504.

And we´re talkig just about the 1941-1945 period, not the entire war  Big Grin

Just wanted to share these funny ideas with you guys  Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2020, 04:40 AM,
RE: Funny calculations in game turns
Thanks for the fun insight, not sure I can pluck up the courage to send my opponent turn 1 of a 17,000 turn game!!  LOL  Crazy
04-16-2020, 04:44 AM,
fascinating
04-16-2020, 06:20 AM,
Very interesting! I have some extra time...but 17,000 turns?!
04-16-2020, 06:36 AM,
And when Herr Jodl stated in his diary after the big encirclements at Byalistok and Minsk?
"I think it´s safe to say that the campaign in the east was won in the period of two weeks..."
That´s in 168 turns!  

Now let´s play Kursk ´43 game - first turn in that game compared to those two weeks is something like Turn 8 800 out of 168..  Big Grin 

It just looks that someone forgot to check ´Early scenario termination´ option and were forced to play further. TEEHEE