• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS Blog Post - Japan updates and new PzC Manuals
03-29-2020, 03:08 PM,
WDS Blog Post - Japan updates and new PzC Manuals
Hi All,

As mentioned in other threads the updates for Japan '45 & 46 are out. We have listed a little more info in our blog post here; WDS Blog Post #75

Also as requested on this forum we have started the process of updating the manuals for Panzer Campaigns. A lot of new features were added for FWWC Serbia '14 and some of these have made there way into the new titles. Japan '46 and Scheldt '44 for example make use of irregular troops. All of these features are now explained in the various manuals.

You will also notice that the USer manual is 'very colourful', the others more utilitarian. The reason for that is the editor manuals and PZC manual all deal with in game dialogs. The User manual actually explains the various game functions and will be consulted more often.

I have also changed the layout of many of the manuals to either follow the way the dialogs actually are shown in game or in the case of the User manual reordered topics into related areas. The engineering section is a good example of that.

Happy to get any feedback on the manuals as these will be 'live documents' that will be updated periodically. I'll be updating the Modern Campaigns manual in the future (though the PzC manuals cover most of the MC games functions) and the manuals in Serbia '14 are the latest versions for the FWWC.

Temporary link to PzC Manuals; PzC Manuals Mar 2020

Here are a few images from the manuals (all can be right clicked for full size);

[Image: Blog%2075%20-%202.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2075%20-%203.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2075%20-%206.jpg]

[Image: Blog%2075%20-%207.jpg]

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2020, 05:57 PM,
RE: WDS Blog Post - Japan updates and new PzC Manuals
That's great news David, the manuals have required updating for some time now and I am happy to hear you have grasped the particular nettle!  Big Grin

Not much fun to do but very necessary that they are clearer in their content and layout especially for someone new to the series.
03-29-2020, 10:40 PM,
Thanks a lot, much appreciated :-)
03-30-2020, 07:21 PM,
Thanks a lot.
The picture of the British engineers is smashing! Now I know where all these images of rock bands posing are coming from.
03-31-2020, 12:45 AM,
(03-30-2020, 07:21 PM)SG1 Wrote: Thanks a lot.
The picture of the British engineers is smashing! Now I know where all these images of rock bands posing are coming from.

I’m proud to say they’re Australian Engineers during the invasion of Borneo in 1945 (I’m an Aussie!).

It is a fabulous shot...!
03-31-2020, 03:06 AM,
(03-31-2020, 12:45 AM)Strela Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:21 PM)SG1 Wrote: Thanks a lot.

I’m proud to say they’re Australian Engineers during the invasion of Borneo in 1945 (I’m an Aussie!).

It is a fabulous shot...!

Has the guy on the left  got detonator cord and C 4 !!! ??
03-31-2020, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 04:23 AM by ComradeP.)
Quote: Has the guy on the left  got detonator cord and C 4 !!! ??

He brought a ball, the man in the middle brought jump ropes. The man on the right will keep standing there fashionably dressed with a cigarette in his mouth.
03-31-2020, 07:37 AM,
Check out the 15 cm railroad gun on page 28 of the new user manual.

The four 15 cm Kanone in Eisenbahnlafette ("gun on railroad mounting"), or 15 cm K (E) for short, railway guns were built in 1937 by Krupp by mating the older but widely-available 15 cm Schnelladekanone L/40 guns with flatcars. All four guns participated in the invasion of Belgium in 1940; two of them were damaged by premature detonations on 20 May 1940 while bombarding Liège. For the remainder of the European War, they were assigned to Artillery Battery 655 (E) in Belgium on coast-defense duties.

(from https://ww2db.com/weapon.php?q=83)
04-13-2020, 05:04 AM,
[Image: 2020-04-11_17h41_39.png]

The part about rail bridges is only true for Major Rivers. Rail bridges can be Heavy. In Bulge 44' if a rail line crosses a Minor Rivor its usually depicted as a Heavy Bridge. I doubt if every rail bridge on the map was checked or whether it was decided for game purposes to allow rail bridges over minor rivers to carry armour?
04-13-2020, 05:05 AM,
(04-13-2020, 05:04 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: [Image: 2020-04-11_17h41_39.png]

The part about Railroad bridges is only true for Major Rivers. Rail bridges can be Heavy. In Bulge 44' if a rail line crosses a Minor Rivor its usually depicted as a Heavy Bridge. I doubt if every rail bridge on the map was checked or whether it was decided for game purposes to allow rail bridges over minor rivers to carry armour?