• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Enemy movement in the Replays?
04-08-2020, 08:21 AM,
Enemy movement in the Replays?
In a replay my opponent destroyed my front line unit so there was no unit left to report enemy movement. But I was able to see every enemy unit which moved through the hex it had occupied both the type and rough size. (X or XXX or XXX) 

I could have sworn that all you used to see in the Replay was a blank icon with ? on it? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I'm playing Bulge Gold. No beer was involved but yes my memory isn't what it used to be. Of course staring at a replay for 10-15 minutes might have something to do with it.......
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2020, 08:44 AM,
RE: Enemy movement in the Replays?
Yes this is normal it is a quirk of these games that you can still see your opponents units for the remand of the turn after your units was destroyed.

I think the ? that you are thinking of is when a unit is broken in a turn, if your opponents units end up in its LOS you see them just as ? units.
04-08-2020, 05:36 PM,
This is indeed one of the quirks, as Mr. Grumpy said.

We're taking turns completing an in-game turn, the weather, visibility or other conditions don't change. You can see the same things you would've seen during your turn when visible hexes were calculated.

This can lead to situations where the first player can see more or fewer enemy units than you could see in the last replay, if visibility conditions change.

Usually, it's not that much of an issue. FOW still hides unit size like it should.

The one thing that bothers me with replays and Delayed Disruption Reporting on is that you can see enemy units disrupting as long as it happens in the enemy phase of the turn.
04-09-2020, 02:30 AM,
(04-08-2020, 05:36 PM)ComradeP Wrote: This is indeed one of the quirks, as Mr. Grumpy said.

We're taking turns completing an in-game turn, the weather, visibility or other conditions don't change. You can see the same things you would've seen during your turn when visible hexes were calculated.

This can lead to situations where the first player can see more or fewer enemy units than you could see in the last replay, if visibility conditions change.

Usually, it's not that much of an issue. FOW still hides unit size like it should.

The one thing that bothers me with replays and Delayed Disruption Reporting on is that you can see enemy units disrupting as long as it happens in the enemy phase of the turn.

Thanks to both of you for the sanity check. 

I guess it balances out in a game as both sides receives this minor benefit. Its just that he won't be sitting watching all of KG peiper and the 1st SS Division driving through the remains of 14th Cavalry Sqn. <g>

I actually like watching the enemy Disrupt during his turn....it gives me hope. 

The other thing I like doing is when finishing the turn and the game is ready to send, click on the Disrupt button and look for enemy units disrupted during my turn but not reported. 

Same with artillery fire against unknown targets, click the Victory tab to see how many you killed.

Quirks.....
04-09-2020, 04:43 AM,
(04-09-2020, 02:30 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Thanks to both of you for the sanity check. 

I guess it balances out in a game as both sides receives this minor benefit. Its just that he won't be sitting watching all of KG peiper and the 1st SS Division driving through the remains of 14th Cavalry Sqn. <g>

I actually like watching the enemy Disrupt during his turn....it gives me hope. 

The other thing I like doing is when finishing the turn and the game is ready to send, click on the Disrupt button and look for enemy units disrupted during my turn but not reported. 

Same with artillery fire against unknown targets, click the Victory tab to see how many you killed.

Quirks.....

Well, if you know that this is actually happening, you might wait a turn in order not to show your forces to your opponent, that would cross an important hex where his unit was eliminated. 

I always do the same regarding the check of enemy disrupted units after hitting the next turn button  Big Grin2 Then sometimes, I´m sad that those important enemy units didn´t go disrupted and I can expect tough times during the next opponent´s turn  Propeller Hat

There are so many little tactics and tricks hidden in PzC that were never described, but you can develop them with the experience you gain playing the games.
04-09-2020, 09:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 09:16 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Actually the same thing just happened to me during a Lodz EP14 scenario, I didn't know where the much feared German Guard division was lurking and I had one Russian unit with a LOS to some high ground to my front, this unit was assaulted back by regular German units but because of its LOS from the start of the turn I was able to spot Guard units moving up in hex's I no longer had a LOS on, so on this occasion the quirk worked in my favour! Big Grin
04-09-2020, 04:22 PM,
In a number of games, HQ's have unique unit images with either a leader picture or divisional insignia.

This allows you to identify formations without being adjacent to a unit belonging to a formation (which might not be the formation the HQ belongs to either).