• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia '14
10-06-2020, 11:55 PM,
RE: Serbia '14
(10-06-2020, 08:15 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Found a clip of a movie of a Serbia 1914 battle.  I wonder what the experts think of the props and uniforms as far as authenticity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT48Ku4_...1601937933
I'm no expert, but I thought it was pretty good! The special effects seemed a bit low budget (specifically the guns firing: no recoil, muzzle flame but little smoke), but overall I thought it looked good. I have a hard time visualizing things like terrain when looking at a computerized map, so stuff like that is very helpful to me. Thanks for the link.
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2020, 05:18 AM,
Thanks for the link! Definitely worth watching. At least one can see what those ´´74/45men´´ as an assault result meant back than in real war, or the artillery fire results. Helmet Rolleyes The production also looks very good! What´s the movie´s name?
11-03-2020, 02:22 AM,
I would have to rate this as the best one of the WWI series-and this is my favorite series. My friend and I have been playing these since Smolenk 41 came out and find this one to be excellent. We are about midway through the 4th Invasion scenario. I am the German/AH player and he has the Allies.

Question for the group. A portion of a Bulgarian division that was scheduled to come on Oct 23 is now five days late. Is this to be expected or is it a bug? I know arrival times can vary but half the division came on but the other half is a no show. So far other all other divisions have arrived intact or very close together.
11-03-2020, 05:15 AM,
(11-03-2020, 02:22 AM)crsutton Wrote: I would have to rate this as the best one of the WWI series-and this is my favorite series. My friend and I have been playing these since Smolenk 41 came out and find this one to be excellent. We are about midway through the 4th Invasion scenario. I am the German/AH player and he has the Allies.

Question for the group. A portion of a Bulgarian division that was scheduled to come on Oct 23 is now five days late. Is this to be expected or is it a bug? I know arrival times can vary but half the division came on but the other half is a no show. So far other all other divisions have arrived intact or very close together.

It depends on the exact version and the units. But in the 1914 Grand Campaign version, which is a bit different than the standard large campaign, there is, for example the 5th Dons. Division. I believe this is your example as it has a chnace or arriving on the 23rd. It comes on in 3 pieces, each with just a 20% chance of arrival, checked once per day. So one part could easily go a few days without arriving.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-03-2020, 04:50 PM,
Though you can't see the actual arrival % chance with FOW on in the Scheduled dialog, you can see if a unit checks for arrival per turn (though it might still have a 0% chance per turn) or daily. The 3 reinforcement groups of the Dunavska division have a daily arrival chance as Ricky B mentioned.
11-08-2020, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:19 PM by crsutton.)
RE: Serbia '14 Issure
Here is an issue with the 4th invasion campaign and I wonder if anyone else has noticed it or am I just missing something? As the central powers player the Alpine Korps has just arrived by train. I have detrained them in order to move them South and though the regular infantry, jager and support units are moving normally, all Alpine units are able to only move one hex at a time while in T mode. They are not in poor terrain but either on minor roads or in fields terrain moving to the same. Nor are they over stacked.  I attached a screen shot so that you can see what I am talking about. Anyone have any ideas. I saved the file and am willing to send it to anyone who would look at it for me. You can email me directly at [email protected] if you would like.

Attached Files
.jpg   alpine woes.jpg (Size: 219.84 KB / Downloads: 12)
11-08-2020, 08:49 PM,
I will pass on your comments to the designer to see if this was intended or not.  Wink
11-09-2020, 06:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 06:36 AM by ComradeP.)
Movement point costs for units using Foot movement are multiplied by 1.5 during Mud turns.
Movement points costs for units using Ski movement are multiplied by 4 during Mud turns.

You can check the penalties in the lower part of the parameter data dialog after scrolling through most of the information.

The MG units can only be moved in T-mode and will always use Ski movement, but you could consider switching the Alpine Jaeger units to Deployed mode if they don't use Ski movement as their basic movement type. That way, the 1.5x MP cost penalty applies instead of the 4x MP cost penalty.
11-10-2020, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 04:05 AM by crsutton.)
(11-09-2020, 06:35 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Movement point costs for units using Foot movement are multiplied by 1.5 during Mud turns.
Movement points costs for units using Ski movement are multiplied by 4 during Mud turns.

You can check the penalties in the lower part of the parameter data dialog after scrolling through most of the information.

The MG units can only be moved in T-mode and will always use Ski movement, but you could consider switching the Alpine Jaeger units to Deployed mode if they don't use Ski movement as their basic movement type. That way, the 1.5x MP cost penalty applies instead of the 4x MP cost penalty.

Thanks but this is not the issue as I am used to the mud penalties-being halfway through the campaign. This is an issue solely with the alpine units in the Alpine Korps.  All other are moving normally in the mud albeit sluggishly. The movement issue seems to happen to the units in both T mode and normal mode. Only one hex per turn regardless of the terrain or presence of a road. Just want somebody to look at it to make sure I have not missed something. If there is a penalty for ski mode-one would think it would not be present in a normal turn without snow as they would not be using skis. But as said I may be wrong here.

Ah...now I see what you are saying and this seems to be the issue. When in T mode-alpine units are considered in ski mode and pay the ski penalties for trying to move in non-snow condition. No matter if they are on a road. When they are deployed they can move normally. Of course, MG alpine units do not have that option and therefore can not ever move more than one hex. So, I have the only elite troops that the central powers ever get that must to detrain way behind the lines and really have no way of getting to the front because when in travel road they are considered to be on skis. One can imagine how trying to ski in mud might be difficult. There seems to be no way for them to travel without their skis on unless there is another mode that I have missed.
11-10-2020, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 04:04 AM by ComradeP.)
I just ran a few tests, and when Deployed the Ski units moved like normal infantry using Foot movement. They should only use Ski in T-mode. I think the Alpine units work as intended at the moment in normal conditions. It's possible that there's an issue, somehow, with Ski movement point penalties being applied during Mud turns.

A move into a Clear hex should cost 9 MP's. If it takes 24 when Deployed, there's an issue.
Edit: Additional tests show no issues. Deployed Ski units moving around in the Mud use the correct Foot movement points cost.

The game doesn't feature weather-based changes to movement type used when in T-mode, only changes to movement point costs.